• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make text and graphics flow together

Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an illustrated dictionary. There will be a few thousand entries, and a few thousand graphics. Attached is a draft. This required fairly heroic amounts of tweaking to get the swatches to all line up correctly with the appropriate bit of text. By "tweaking", I mean adjusting the space before and after each paragraph, 1 point at a time. If anyone has any ideas about how I could improve the design and the process, I'd love to hear them. But for now, my specific question is: how to get the images to flow along with the text?

ThreeColumnsCornerLabels.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to anchor the frames to the text.

Work with anchored objects in InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The anchoring process is quite simple, but spend a little time on link in my previous answer to understand these controls—they handle the positioning, and will be the answer to your other question.

InDesign CCss_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anchor object is a really good idea.

You can Cut image from your document (CTRL+X) and then select line, paragraph or character you wish to put image inside and just Paste it there (CTRL+V).

You can also use blue rectangle (right top corner of your image) to drag it (anchor) to desired place.

finally you can use Anchored Object Options panel to set up it

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines