Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 doesn't start up, no error message

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this issue was discussed before and I am sorry if it was: Lightroom 6 (Version 6.0) doesn't start up on my Mac any more but it used to work fine before. I only see the welcome screen plus the spinning beach ball, but no error mesage. Don't think it is a permission issue since it is a stand-alone Lightroom 6 and not a CC version having no connection to creative clouds.

My system: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1, 2015 MacBookPro

And ideas? Thanks a lot for your help.

Andreas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

First, download and upgrade to 6.8 from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

If you still face the same issue, try to (manually) deactivate the GPU acceleration as described here: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, download and upgrade to 6.8 from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

If you still face the same issue, try to (manually) deactivate the GPU acceleration as described here: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot - reinstallation of LR solved the issue!

I wonder a bit why Adobe updater did no update LR to the most recent version but I am happy that everything works as before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines