• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 and CC catalog compatibility

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of Lightroom CC. Last non CC version I had was Lightroom 5. Considering purchasing LR 6 upgrade and cancelling subscription. Everyone wants to go subscription these days and it is getting a bit onerous . The question is, will my LR CC catalog open in LR 6 with no problems. Probably been asked and answered before but I could not find a specific question like this. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is, will my LR CC catalog open in LR 6 with no problems.

YES!

Please be aware there are features in LR CC that are not available in LR 6, including dehaze and guided upright and Reference View and a couple of other things. If you have used these editing features in LR CC, then these edits will show in LR 6 but you will not be able to modify these edits further in LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, be aware that you will no longer have access to Lightroom Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also be aware that there may well be a new release of LR (LR7 / LR CC 2017) possibly in the first half of 2017, which you'd need to buy (if you want it) with a stand-alone licence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC 2015 and LR 6 are the exact same program, the exact same download, the exact same files get installed on your hard drive and use the exact same catalog file database system.

The difference comes from the Adobe ID you use to Sign In to the program.

In your case since you already have a subscription that is tied to your current Adobe ID you will need to create a second Adobe ID that is not tied to a subscription plan.

Sign in with an Adobe ID that "IS" Tied to a subscription plan and LR becomes the CC version.

Sign in with an Adobe ID that "IS NOT" tied to, Associated with, a subscription plan and it becomes the stand alone 6 version. Once signed in with an Adobe ID that is not associated with a subscription plan you are asked to enter a serial number.

Other than that, and the difference in the included or excluded feature set, the 2 versions are exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, what?

I purchased the LR6 upgrade before seeing this. I haven't installed it yet. My plan was to cancel CC, then run the uninstaller for PS CC and LR CC. Adobe have furnished me a new product key for LR6. I don't think I have to be signed in to install it. I have already downloaded it. As long as my Lightroom folder in my pictures folder (MAC) remains intact I should be able to open LR6 and pick up where I left off, no?

I don't really want another Adobe ID. Too much confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to uninstall LR CC. You should perhaps uninstall PS CC. All you have to do is Sign Out of LR CC and possibly the CC desktop app, have an Adobe ID that is not associated with any subscription plan (Which mean you might, should, create a second Adobe ID using a different email address) then sign back into LR using that second Adobe ID. It should then ask you for a serial number and IF that serial number is for the Upgrade version of LR 6 you will also be asked for a serial number from any of the previous versions of LR. Any will work from V 1 to V 5.

If you bought the Full version of LR 6 then no other serial number is required. LR should then startup and load your existing catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the purchase of LR6 is tied to my existing Adobe ID. See what I mean about confusing. If I cancel my CC before installing LR6 it should not see any connection. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also purchase LR 6 as a Backup to my subscription using the same Adobe ID that is tied to my subscription. I recently, several months ago, installed LR 6 on an older notebook someone gave me. At that time I created a second Adobe ID and used that to activate LR 6. No problems at all.

Because it is the stand alone version it doesn't matter how you bought it. It only matters how you sign in. Sign in with an Adobe ID that is not associated with a subscription and it becomes the 6 version.

I believe the count on systems it is installed on is register to both the Adobe ID used to sign in with and the actual serial number. Go over the 2 allowed installs and you get an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I did as you suggested and signed in to Lightroom with a different ID. It opened up as LR version 6.8 instead of CC. Now how do I cancel my CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log in to the main adobe site, you can click the Adobe badge in the upper left hand corner of this forum to take you there, and you should see a page that your original ID is tied to. Click Manage Account and from there you will be able to cancel the subscription.

But be advised that if the subscription is less than 6 months old, even if you signed up originally over a year ago, you will be charged for 6 months of the subscription.

Caveat Emptor, Read the Fine Print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had it continuously since it was originally offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That mean just about nothing. When the subscription is renewed it starts another, a new, Year and another 6 months of waiting time before it can be canceled without a fee.

What doesn't apply is the option to cancel within the first 30 days, I think it is 30 days, with No Fee and a Refund of the initial monthly cost. That only applies to new subscriptions not Renewals of existing subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbp5321 wrote:

I don't really want another Adobe ID. Too much confusion.

You MUST have an Adobe ID that is not and never has been associated with the Photographer plan subscription. Otherwise it will always Default to that canceled subscription plan and limit the functionality of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no need to have a separate Adobe ID.

To switch from CC authorisation to a serial number, see the instructions How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6 .

• "If you recently canceled a membership, there may be remaining days on the membership before it completely expires. Continue to use Lightroom until the membership expires, and then follow the instructions in Convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6."

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is something new then. Thanks for the update on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in that link that you provided, after you sign out and try to sign in again, if you use the Adobe ID associated with the creative cloud there is a link to additional instructions which say:

Capture.JPG

What am I  not understanding? It seems that a unique Adobe ID is needed from what I have read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page lists various scenarios. You're quoting one that's more appropriate to where you need an extra ID for a third installation with both CC and perpetual licences.

But that's not the case here - all the OP needs to do is cancel, let the subscription's remaining days expire, and then re-activate Lr with the registration code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way I am reading it Jim is once you cancel your subscription, and it has totally ran out (expired), you can then select to enter a serial number to turn it into the stand alone version.

I wasn't aware you could do that and I think, but don't know for sure, that wasn't an option in earlier releases of LR CC/6. To my knowledge from reading once you signed in with an adobe ID that was associated with a subscription you didn't get the option to enter a serial number. If the subscription was canceled LR would still open and work as far as the Library module but no other module functioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines