Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse h1 tag question

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created my site in Muse.

The paragraph and character styles for every h1 tag in my site are the same except for in one instance.

In this one instance, I want there to be no "space after" the text, but every time I create the style, and indicate that it's an h1 tag, it adds space after the h1 when the page is rendered.

How can I create an h1 tag for this one heading that is styled a bit differently than the other h1 titles in my site?

Thanks?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Another thing you can do that is so obvious I didn't even think o f it would be to put your h1 content in their own text boxes by themselves then you could really place them anywhere you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean a whitespace below it? That is normal behaviour for an h1 tag. A couple options you could use would be to simply style some text the same as your h1 tags and use that. Unless you are familiar with CSS you could write some custom CSS and give the one h1 tag a class that is styled with the custom CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brad. That's really helpful. Yes I meant a white space below.

This is my first website so I'm on a bit of a learning curve. I assume that there needs to be an h1 tag on every page, yes? For this particular page, there really could be three h2 tags and no h1 tag. If there does need to be an h1 tag, I will add another title/ more text to the page, but I'd rather not.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing you can do that is so obvious I didn't even think o f it would be to put your h1 content in their own text boxes by themselves then you could really place them anywhere you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant idea! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines