Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open any file in Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I cannot open any image or psd file. Though i can create new file.
I have updated my graphics drivers, disabled it in preferences, ctrl+alt+shift click on photoshop, reinstalled it.
Nothing worked.

Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And no error or anything happens, it just doesn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joins question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having this same issue right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

you have a idea what is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Anyone got it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue but is now fixed!

I have a brand new computer and couldn't load photos or anything. I tried all other the remedies that people are talking about but still nothing worked..

I then took it to an IT shop (computer shop) and they didn't know either. They then suggested that photoshop is dumb and will automatically run of the main motherboard's processor (which isn't enough to run it properly) and that it needed to be changed to the (in my case) Radeon processing/graphics card.

To be able to achieve this easily, just take it to an IT guy or girl to get them to change it over.

Otherwise if you're not technically challenged like myself, try this method and see if it works.

Hopefully this helps people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the previous version of Photoshop? Try to copy the ambtill.dll file from that version and replace the one in Photoshop CC 2017. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

לא חושב שכדאי. אני טכנאי מחשבים ובכללי מבין בזה, ולא כדאי להעביר את הקובץ הזה מהמקום.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

5.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services, Software, or content that we provide to you as part of the Services. For example, you must not:

(a) copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell the Services, Software, or content;

Aside from the fact it is a violation of the license agreement, replacing libraries sooner or later causes some parts of the software to fail and as a result we get people like you complaining 3D is missing and expecting us to fix your hacks.

Long story short, don't mess with the libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m having the same problem, no error message at all. any word from someone official? this "feature" is quite unacceptable.

@ gener7: you are kidding, right? the software is already failing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Not kidding. Don't play with the internals. You are just at best masking the problem and at worst making more.

If you have a subscription and we can't address the issue, you go to Customer Care which is official support. They can remote look into your PC and can find out where the problem is coming from. Photoshop works well on most PCs and sometimes problems can be traced to permissions, third party add-ons, fonts and buggy drivers.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue and found that I need to 'Run as Administrator' and then use File-Open to actually open any files, hoping this will be fixed in a later update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the administrator solution, but it didn't solve my problem. Anyway, after a week without doing anything, Photoshop was back again. Maybe it just had a cold and was home in bed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same problem! anyone from adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this workaround

Under Preferences > General

deactivate option 'Show "Start" workspace when no documents are open'

activate 'Show "Recent files" workspace when opening a file'

activate 'Use legacy "New document" interface'

and restart Photoshop.

Please write a short feedback if these steps solved the problem with opening or creating a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me THANK YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines