• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop keeps restarting

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 64 bit laptop has been running CC with PS and LR for several months with no issues. Last week CC keeps restarting every five minutes or so and I can no longer download apps.

I have uninstalled all apps along with CC and run the CC cleaner.  Installed CC from a fresh download and even without installing any of the apps it keeps restarting.

Any advice on how to fix this other than wiping laptop and re-installing Windows 10?

At the moment it means I cannot use the laptop for any photo work.

TIA

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

you can install directly,

Downloadable installation files available:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud. (if you have a win os, right click the exe > click 'run as administrator'.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for reply and detailed instructions.  I will try this during the week when I get time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have now run all the steps bar the re-install and can't find any traces of CC on my system - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your problem solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if problem solved until I re-install which I will not be in a  position to do for a few days.  But hopefully will all previous traces removed there should not be any issues.....

Thanks for the follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's hoping.. (and post follow-up, if you have time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - here is follow up!

Having run all the instructions I reinstalled Adobe CC using a different log in and find that it keeps restarting and will not allow me to load more than PS and Bridge.  As soon as I try to install LR it gets to about 20% and then restarts causing the download to fail.

Highly frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can install directly,

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this list - will keep it for future reference.

I spent a couple of hours in "chat" to the Adobe help line last night and by the time we had finished, I had a working system.  It would appear that, even though I am the sole user on the laptop and have an administrator account, there were problems with "permissions".

By creating a new administrator account, it was possible to install CC such that it would work for all users on the laptop and I have been able to install several of the suite of programmes.  I will be trying it out further today but last night definitely seemed like progress.

It would be nice to know which "permissions" were causing the problems I was experiencing.

Thanks again.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

there are usually write permission problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines