• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Text Templates with Sound

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some Live Text Templates (Intro, Lower-Thirds, Credits) for Premiere with After Effects.

Is there a way to get the sound with the Template?

Therefore I used expressions, so my team has just to change the text of a lay in Premiere and the colours will change to the chosen theme. Then I tried to do so with the intro-sound. No problem with the expressions, is working in After Effects. BUT when I import the Ae file to Premiere the sound isn't changing, if I change the text of my layer. Is this a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

There is no bug. Nowhere has it been written that Live Text would use sound tracks or evaluate text expressions to change internal references. You are simply expecting something that the feature isn't designed for.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the expression take into account a specific sound effect for a text change?  Does the expression know how to read so it can figure out the sound change from context?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I got you right.
There are two jingles, they are not really changing. The expression just turns the gain level up or down, just the jingle which is chosen has 0db.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the linked comp works properly before you edit the text in Premiere and then stops working after you change the text? If so, you may have stumbled on a bug and you should report it along with complete details including the expression used and sample files.

If you are saying that it never works then we need to see the expression to try and figure what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working in After Effects but I think it could be a problem with Dynamik Link, that the Sound File isn't changing, when I do so in Premiere.

The Expression in the audio level of the .wav in Ae is:

s = comp("Intro").layer("Intro Style (Rubrik)").text.sourceText.toLowerCase();

if ( s == "campus")

[0,0]

else if ( s == "middenmang")

[-500,-500]

else if ( s == "jetztmalernsthaft" || s=="jme")

[-500,-500]

else

[-500,-500];

How I said, it is working fine in Ae, not in Premiere anymore.

The aecap File seems to not bringing any audio to premiere, but the Import of the Ae does. But on changing the text of "Intro Style (Rubrik)", it probably needs a trigger to load the new audio in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fgiering wrote:

. . . How I said, it is working fine in Ae, not in Premiere anymore.

The aecap File seems to not bringing any audio to premiere, but the Import of the Ae does. But on changing the text of "Intro Style (Rubrik)", it probably needs a trigger to load the new audio in Premiere?

Does this mean that it was once working in Premiere? There is no way I know of for an expression in a comp that is used in a sequence in PPro to control the audio of a layer in that sequence. If, on the other hand, your expression chooses between two different tracks in the comp timeline based on the text in the layer, then it is quite possible that the changes in the way CC 2017 handles live text in Premiere Pro may have broken the expression. If this worked before I'd file a bug report and include some sample project files.

If it never worked then there is something wrong with the workflow. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to test your expression. Maybe I'll do it layer.

You might consider posting the expression on the AE Expressions Sub Space (see link at the top) After Effects Expressions

and see if Dan Ebberts catches the thread. If anybody can know if the expression should work by just looking at it it's my friend Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

thank you.
I never tried it before. It is working when I change colors of solids but not for audio.

I'll post it in the Expressions Sub Space.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no bug. Nowhere has it been written that Live Text would use sound tracks or evaluate text expressions to change internal references. You are simply expecting something that the feature isn't designed for.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, what a pitty.
But the changing of internal references of text expressions is working.
Is there a way to pull a feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There certainly is!

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

And I'm sure they'll get around to it in a year or two.  Or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year or two?
I thought Adobe would be faster and more user orientated. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fgiering wrote:

A year or two?
I thought Adobe would be faster and more user orientated. 😕

Dave is a bit of a grumpy old-timer somteims. I plan to become one sometime soon myself.

Sometimes things happen much faster than that. Bug fixes usually happen pretty quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines