• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print module: how to change the layout cell so that I can view a full page horizontal image in a horizontal view? [was: Help please! ...]

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Googling and searching and reading for hours I feel I am just treading water. What I want to do is in the print module. I want to change the layout cell so that I can view a full page horizontal image in a horizontal view. I can flip the image but can not seem to flip the cell. Looking at sideways pictures is non productive and not working for me. I want to look at my image straight on not with my head flopped over on my shoulder. Regretfully even after several tries I can not get my eyeballs to change their orientation from horizontal to vertical. It needs top happen in the program not my head.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Go to "Page Setup" on the bottom left of the print module and see if you can change the orientation to "Landscape"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to "Page Setup" on the bottom left of the print module and see if you can change the orientation to "Landscape"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much sir. Now I can take the time to sweep up all the grey hair that has been ripped out and strewn about the room. Can't believe I was to lame to look in the actual set up page for my printer. This has actually been bugging me for quite some time. Just goes to show the best place to hide something is right under someones nose. Just so you know, my nephew swears that Goo-ogle knows everything. Well you just blew right past them in the blink of an eye. You should be proud you are now sitting right up there with two of my favorite girls. Julieanne and Laura.

Thanks again for the excellent and timely help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set everything up and check Landscape in Page Setup. It looks right on the screen. Then it prints Portrait on my 3880 and crops the images. I have wasted so much expensive paper. My solution is to print in PS which is reliable. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about your Epson printer. I use a Canon printer. After I change the orientation to landscape in the page setup, I still load the paper in the "regular" hot bright or portrait position and Lightroom prints the image in a landscape orientation on the paper. It works for me on my Windows computer. However, I have followed a few discussions where people using the Mac are having difficulty making this work. I don't have a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post some screen-clips?  that show the [Image Settings] and the [Layout] panels fully open.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines