• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to publish tablet and phone alternate layout to desktop site?

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to Muse, and I have been trying to publish a tablet/phone layout to my client's current desktop site. I will be tweaking it throughout time, but I wanted to get this going as it is something she has wanted for a while. Everything seems to publish fine through FTP, but then when I check the site on my phone, I only get the desktop version. Would someone be able to assist with this?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first type the address into your phone browser manually ie, your site.com/phone/index.html to confirm that the page is actually there.

then check that you ticked the redirect to phone box in the options properties of the muse site... If so then clear the browsers chashe and post the URL here so we can test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It states that the file does not exist. The redirect box is ticked as far as I can see.

The website is bridgetowellness.life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samuelb79720807 wrote:

The website is bridgetowellness.life.

that is not an url address... it needs to have at least a dot com or dot org etc at the end...

the upload has not worked... the address is http://bridgetowellness.life/phone/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the main domain. There is another one that redirects to the one I mentioned, which is yourhealthandmassage.com. My apologies if there is any confusion, wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samuelb79720807 wrote:

Hello,

Everything seems to publish fine through FTP

this looks to be your issue because the page is NOT actually there... I would use Dreamweaver to ftp into your site and see what is on the host server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out my FTP, and it seems as though the phone layout ended up at this address:

http://bridgetowellness.life/public_html/phone/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok option 1 is host the website with Adobe BC

option two is contact your host that you have now and ask them about alt layouts, i.e a "how too" for their setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I will give that a shot. Do I have to pay for BC if I choose that route?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can make as many test pages (last upto a year) as you need... my sub gives me 5 full sites as part of the deal but your account may be different so ask Adobe to confirm how many you get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's much easier. You simply specify the wrong path when you export and create a new folder where you put the whole site.

So you have one and the same site.
Only desktop version:             bridgetowellness.life

Desktop and phone versions: bridgetowellness.life//public_html/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines