Exit

Robo Help HTML 10: RHCL tool crash

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Robo Help HTML 10.

I'm a developer that needs to automate the help build process as part of our CI process. I've installed Robo Help HTML 10 on our build server, and it builds the help fine.

But, when using the RHCL tool:

<path>\RoboHTML\RHCL.exe <path>/C4.xpj -o desktop_1

it crashes with a message "RHCL.exe has stopped working".

The last line in cmd is: "Processing index data..."

It does succeed to create PART of the desired output - but, for example, the index.htm file is missing.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the issue here is the operating system of the server? Notwithstanding that RoboHelp is building the help, it is not supported on server operating systems. Have you tried it on Windows 8 to see if the command line build works there?

If that is not it, then perhaps someone else has other ideas.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it on Windows 10 Pro.

Do you have any Idea which OS it DOES support? The license allows installation only on 2 devices, so I'm limited in the amount of testing I can do...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only supported on desktop versions of Windows. 8 and 10 definitely, not sure about 7 without looking it up. You can install in trial mode to test or deactivate so that only two machines are activated at any one time. It could be installed on 50 machines, the activation is the restriction.

Does the question imply it did not work on Windows 10? There is an article on command line generation on my site. It was written for earlier versions of RoboHelp but I believe it is still essentially valid.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-As far as I understand, Windows 10 Pro is a desktop OS.

-The desktop app did generate the files, it is the RHCL that keeps crashing.

-I also tried to add the layout as parameter (as the article says) - the result is the same.

How different is RHCL from the desktop app?

What can cause them to have different results?

Does it need special files/info to run properly?

Is there a way to run RoboHelp by an automatic build server without using RHCL?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't saying 10 Pro was not a desktop OS, rather that 8 and 10 and its variants are the only OSs I know that are supported.

What I was hoping behind my original response that something about RHCL was causing it not to work on others systems but it is now clear that it is not working for you a supported OS.

I am not aware of any special requirements over and above RoboHelp and a supported OS.

I don't believe there is any other automatic solution so perhaps it would be worth reaching out to Bill Albing using the link on my site.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to resolve this one for you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp