• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collection shows previously removed photos after upgrade

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Lightroom CC (2015.4-2015.8; from Dec 08) from previous Lightroom CC (2015.2-2015.3; from Oct 05).

Now the issue I have is that my collection shows photos which had been previously removed from the collection. For example I had a collection of e.g. 2000 photos flagged photos, I manually removed 500 photos during triage, now after the upgrade of Lightroom all 2000 photos show again in the collection.

I opened a few previous backups (I do daily backups) by double-clicking the lrcat file, but with same result.

Any idea how to solve this or anyone faced similar issue. I spend a lot of time going through the collection and removing photos and now it seems I have to start over again.

Thanks,

Antonius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

IIRC for Flagged photos to show in a collection you need a Smart collection. That is unless you manually created a collection called Flagged Photos and manually added those images that you flagged to it.

If it is a smart collection then any image that you placed a Pick flag on will show in that smart collection. Unless you actually remove the flag they will continue to show in that collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC for Flagged photos to show in a collection you need a Smart collection. That is unless you manually created a collection called Flagged Photos and manually added those images that you flagged to it.

If it is a smart collection then any image that you placed a Pick flag on will show in that smart collection. Unless you actually remove the flag they will continue to show in that collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, the description is a bit misleading maybe. It's not a smart collection, I just added n photos to a collection based on some criteria (here: e.g. flagged photos) and then removed some of them from the collection (without removing the flag/pick in the catalog folder).

I haven't gotten to the bottom of the issue yet, so I'm starting over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screen shot of the Library module and the Collections section expanded.

Starting over won't solve your original problem if you are doing something wrong to start with. Without seeing a screen shot it is hard to tel what might of gone wrong with your initial setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines