• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images showing darker on my phone than in lightroom and photoshop.

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a issue with my images looking darker once i finish my editing process. The images look perfect on my computer (mac) however once i email the image to a client or myself. the image is a lot darker. i have changed the color format from rgb to srgb but this does not seem to help. I have noticed the image only shows that way on my phone.  can someone please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you calibrating your display? It is common for computer displays to be set way too bright. You should calibrate at a lower brightness or make sure your room is not too dimly lit. You should generally use sRGB as output color space. If you target iPhones, you can also use DCI-P3 as iPhones/iPads are able to color manage contrary to Android phones and tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i haven't calibrated my monitor in some time haven't had a issue with it until now. also the image looks good on my monitor while editing the issue is when i look at the image on my cell phone is when it shows darker. i even use lightroom mobile i synced the images to my lightroom mobile app and it still shows darker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above this is more than likely caused by a to bright monitor. Do you print your images at all, especially at home? Are they darker in print? That usually mean the monitor is to bright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recalibrate the monitor. Another thing  that might have happened next to too bright monitor settings is that in an OS update, the monitor profile got reset to a non-calibrated stock profile instead of your calibrated profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines