• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivation on broken computer.

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom installed on 2 laptops at home, unfortunately, one laptop took a turn for the worse so as a backup, I installed it onto my work computer as well since I do a lot of editing for work as well. With the 1 bad laptop out of commission (freezes as soon as its turned on) I am not able to use it anymore. I cannot get it to function enough to uninstall, or go through the deactivation process on that actual computer. And all of the troubleshooting answers I seem to find take me in a circle or give me instructions to do things on the bad laptop which I cant use. It actually was running on my work computer until recently and just gives me the exceeds activation available error now every time I try to open it.

I just want to deactivate the copy on the broken laptop so I can use my good laptop and my work computer instead. And be able to deactivate it WITHOUT doing so from said bad laptop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

If it's LR CC you just install and activate on a third computer and you'll be able to deactivate from the other two computer, including the one that doesn't work.  You will just need to reactivate the other older one when you use it, first, there.

If it's a previous version of LR, then you'll need to contact Support.  Here is the link I get after answering questions about LR, Setup, Activation, then clicking Still Need Help:  Contact Customer Care

Starting a Chat is probably the best avenue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's LR CC you just install and activate on a third computer and you'll be able to deactivate from the other two computer, including the one that doesn't work.  You will just need to reactivate the other older one when you use it, first, there.

If it's a previous version of LR, then you'll need to contact Support.  Here is the link I get after answering questions about LR, Setup, Activation, then clicking Still Need Help:  Contact Customer Care

Starting a Chat is probably the best avenue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines