• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was the Lighting Effects filter removed from Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I started using Photoshop Elements I became a huge fan of the Lighting effects filter as it allowed for more life to be put into the photos. Since upgrading to PE15 I have found that the filter has been removed and I am curious why?  If it was due to the release of Lightroom, I am severely disappointed as I don't have the kind of free funds needed to get, learn, and properly run Lightroom.

If anyone knows of a reason, or even if the is a patch to add the filter back in; I am really curious as currently I am very disappointed in this development from Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

I used the clone stamp tool to remove/fix

the light streak.

lightstreak_2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can only speculate.

Anyway you add your comment and vote here if you wish:

Photoshop Elements-Lighting Effects | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with Adobe is not a democratic process so we can forget about voting. Also missing from PSE 15 is the ability to burn images to CD's.  The reasons are clear, Adobe wants PSE users to buy more of their software and use more of their selected partners to produce prints.

Follow the money! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop 18 and not happy that the lighting effects not there! I cannot live without the lighting effects for my artwork...it so key for my work!!! I spend a lot money to buy ps 18 for nothing!! Are there a way to make it back in!? Or !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

williamb23713087  wrote

I bought Photoshop 18 and not happy that the lighting effects not there! I cannot live without the lighting effects for my artwork...it so key for my work!!! I spend a lot money to buy ps 18 for nothing!! Are there a way to make it back in!? Or !?

It's gone since PSEv.12.

A handful of features from previous versions are not available in Photoshop Elements 12 due to new product support for 64-bit systems.

Pehaps you can return the product and get your money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

I was really upset about this. My confidence in Adobe vanished. I called them and firmly asked for a refund, and they did grant it. 
I think Adobe is trying to force people to purchase their monthly subscription to the full edition of Photoshop — another outrage because it is so overpriced.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just bought PSE 2020 as an upgrade to my previous PSE 7. What a rip off!

Almost no useful extra tools, loads of gimmicks, and NO LIGHTING EFFECTS! Fortunately my old PSE 7 disc still works and I have this available through that, but apart from RAW processing I am not sure what I got for my money. Tried lightroom and PS on free trial, so complex, and ancient interface. Not for me or any prosumer camera user and PS now a nightmare to draw etc...still would have vectors, but I dont need them. Sketchbook Pro from Autodesk does the drawing bit well. Adobe have left the room in terms of state of ART in digital, for ordinary users at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom and Photoshop are too complex for you and you can't find a way to get your work done using PSE 2020, then things aren't looking too good for you.  Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ps is extremely complicated for beginners, particularly those unfamiliar with photo processing terminology inherited from the film era, e.g. dodging and burning.  Nothing in the software made sense to me until I took an introductory photo class at a local community college.  Now, I'm somewhat more competent at using Ps, but I still have a long way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone who can help me remove the light streak from this photo? 

A1B0F90B-9378-4876-BA4E-177B625179E2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the clone stamp tool to remove/fix

the light streak.

lightstreak_2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines