Exit

InDesign 12.0.0.81 2017.0 Release PDF rendering issue

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm running Sierra.

Since updating to the 2017 CC release of Indesign I am having issues creating a PDF's that output with the correct black colour.

I have created many versions of the exact same PDF which has a black background in all previous versions of InDesign and have had no problems with colour. The moment I updated and created the same PDF in the 2017 edition I am now getting a very light grey/brown not a true black. Photoshopped images that have black content remain black, this is just boxes that have been produced such as backgrounds in black. I have tried various output settings within Indesign including alternate colour spaces for PDF's to no avail. The same issue is seen when the PDF is opened in Acrobat or in Apple's Preview app.

PDF Example 2017 Right Side is suppose to be bla — Postimage.org

PDF Example 2016 RIght Side is black — Postimage.org

Is this a bug or has something changed that I have yet to find in settings?

Please help Adobe.

Many thanks,

Derek

[moved by moderator from the nontechnical Lounge Forum to the InDesign Forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We first need to know:

Which kind of PDF (X/1a, X4 etc.);

Blend color space setting of your file;

Used icc profiles for PDF (in case of X/1a);

The color space of the placed PS file (RGB?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've selected: ADOBE PDF Press Quality

Compatibility Acrobat 5 (PDF 1.4)

Transparency Blend Colour space is RGB

CYMK images are in the document, there may be some RGB images as well.

Again, I have had zero issue before. If I try to print the doc, the print preview shows perfect black.

I also created a fresh Indesign document with a single Black Box. The black box when made into a PDF changes to grey/brown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some first things first: as memory serves me well, Press Quality (never use that, go for a PDF X standard!) is not color managed, so RGB black will stay RGB and CMYK black will stay CMYK which of course means different blacks. Also if you do color manage to CMYK that will result in different blacks, 100% K verses process black of CMYK values. This you can fix by the way in Acrobat Pro afterwards.

Second: for print your blend space should be CMYK in most cases and is the standard when you choose a new document for print, what is the reason you set it to RGB?

Third: what are your settings for handeling black in the preferences (appearence of black)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see this is a duplicte post that is answered in the copy subject. Please close this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines