Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Listening plug-in

Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone tell me how to make the Listening plug-in work?  I use Photoshop CS6 run on Windows 7.  I have (several times) downloaded and installed the plug-in exactly as on Adobe web-page.  When I run PS, there are no log-in files on the Desktop nor anywhere else.  I need the VB log-i   n files, which I have used extensively with previous versions.  How can I check that the plug-in is actually being recognized by Photoshop?  Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Help > System Info should list all of your installed plugins, such as “ScriptListener 12.0” and “ScriptingListener.plugin” (taken from CS5 on Mac).

..\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-Ins\Automate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > System Info should list all of your installed plugins, such as “ScriptListener 12.0” and “ScriptingListener.plugin” (taken from CS5 on Mac).

..\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-Ins\Automate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help.  Help > System Info does not list a "Listener" Plug-in at all.  It also identifies

Required Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Required\

Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins\

Additional Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Automate\

I have tried putting the listening plug-in (ScriptListener.8li) into each of these, but none of this made any difference.  It seems clear that Photoshop is not loading the plug-in at all, which is why I cannot find the log files.  Is it the right plug-in?  I got it from the Adobe web-site.  Is there some setting in Photoshop that does not let me load it??

This is driving me bonkers.

Thanks

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

My batch :

xcopy /y "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Scripting\Utilities\*istener.8li"  "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Automate\"

rem del "C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Automate\*istener.8li"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci

Thank you

Your batch does what I have been doing manually.  There is still no sign of the plug-in in Photoshop.  Help>System Info does not show it.  The only mention of Scripting is that Help>System Info lists ScriptUIFlex.dll  and ScriptingSupport 13.0.  When I do anything in Photoshop, no log file appears on my desktop.  When I have searched the whole C:\ drive, no log file can be found.

I think that ScriptListener.8li is not being recognized nor loaded by Photoshop.  I do not know why - is there some option I need to change in Photoshop?  Is this the correct Listener plug-in?  Is the "...Plug-Ins\Automate\"  the correct directory to put the plug-in?  In Photoshop should I be doing something to activate the Listening or to terminate it so that it is recorded or to identify the directory where the log files should go?  Etc., etc.

Arrrrrgghh

Thank you for your help

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced same problem. I tried to copy ScriptListener.8li file from some previous version of Photoshop. It didin't create ScriptingListener.log on my desktop. I tried to put then ScriptListener.8li to all possible folders Photoshop should detect it in. It won't help too, so I googled for "ScriptListener.8li CS6" and clicked first link (right now tried too). There I found appropiate file to CS6. All what didn't work just started working!

ScriptListener
missing from Photoshop CS6This plug-in was installed with…

I remember somone on this forum got same problem and JJMack​ provided the same site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your help.  I discovered that (unknown to me) someone had installed Photoshop 32 bit in addition to the correct installation of the 64-bit version I use.  They changed my short-cut, so I was launching the 32 bit version, but had never put the plug-in there because I did not know it existed!!

Everything now does what it is supposed to do.

Thank you

Happy Christmas

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

May be
An authorization problem (UAC)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  As you can see from my previous post, the problem was to do with having the 32 and the 64-bit versions installed on my computer.

This is now solved.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines