• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5D mark IV JPEG photos not seen by Lightroom during Importing?

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have just recently bought the Canon 5D mark IV (firmware version 1.0.2) and I have been trying to import JPEG photos that I have taken using the usb3.0 cable that came with the camera to my Lightroom cc (version 2015.7) on a MacBook Pro (2013 version on Sierra version 10.12.1 but lightroom just cannot see the files. It indicates no photos on screen but there definitely is photos on the storage device (16gb sandisk extreme pro compact flash and 32gb sandisk extreme pro SDHC).

I have tried to connect to lightroom via usb3.0 cable - No photos found

I have used the internal wifi to transfer to my laptop which i then import to lightroom - this works

I have also tried to take out the sd card and insert to my laptop and import from there to lightroom (I tried this because one of the customer support from Adobe told me that it might be the card that is not working properly) - this works as well

So by doing all this, it shows that the only thing not working is the direct link from the canon camera to the laptop through the USB cable that came with it. Is this something that others have experienced as well? If not, how do you make it work where I do not have to do the extra steps I mentioned above?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

To close this issue. It was an apple problem with OS X Sierra rather than Lightroom. Since the latest update from Apple came out, I have been able to transfer files between the camera and Lightroom CC.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To close this issue. It was an apple problem with OS X Sierra rather than Lightroom. Since the latest update from Apple came out, I have been able to transfer files between the camera and Lightroom CC.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it is working again!

That said, in the long run you will be happier using a card reader instead of directly connecting the camera. The card reader is faster, requires no special drivers, is less error prone, and does not drain the camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines