• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't find the adobeXd in cc app list !!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There

I'm trying to install adobexd in windows10 (I've check already my current version is up to date) i can't find the adobexd in cc app list. I've tried many ways to troubleshoot this issue but it seems like a hopeless. does anybody have any ideas regarding this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Hello elainecc​, for some reason this morning my XD Beta release was waiting for me to download it for CC 🙂 have installed it and it works fine...wierd stuff hein? Tks for your help and keep up the good work...Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother, the beta contains a virus. See the main thread in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to update that there is not a virus in the application; we have scanned it using multiple virus scanners (including the one he referenced) and came up clean.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to circle back with you and let you know that AVG has fixed the false positive on their side. Updating your virus check payload should fix this issue for you.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be listed as "Experience Design CC (Beta)" in the app list in the Creative Cloud desktop application.  But if you can't find it there try downloading from the Creative Cloud website at Adobe Experience Design CC | Download Adobe UX prototyping tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nazreen_exe,

Try refreshing via "Check for App Updates" in the Creative Cloud app.

Cheers,

-Larry

checkUpdates.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larry mclister pmoody@adobe unfortunately it doesn't work for me. i did 100 of times these 2 options and i have done everything as much i can (restart,try to download directly from adobexd website &many more) i spend wholw the day to figure out whats is the issue exactly but it was hopeless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Windows is entirely up to date and my Creative Cloud app is up to date. I go to the website and it asks my level of experience with Experience Design. I reply with "Beginner" since I have never used it.

The page shows a series of squares fading in and out in a clockwise fashion which I assume is the page sending a signal to my Creative Cloud application to update its list of apps (which it does). The only problem is there is no XD icon in my list of apps. Not even in my Previous Version drop-down nor in the other applications that have not been installed (Audition, Prelude, etc).

I have restarted both my Windows 10 PC (after checking for updates once more) and the Creative Cloud application. I have also checked for updates again. No results.

Perhaps the server is busy due to the volume of Windows 10 users downloading XD? That could be the issue. I'm just impatient, I guess.

Thank you in advance to anyone working on the issue and those that may find a solution. Maybe I should wait until I clock-out from work to give the server time to cope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC Specs:

Windows 10 Home

Version: 1607

OS Build: 14393.576

Intel Core i7 processor @ 1.90 GHz 2.40 GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64 Bit OS

Creative CLoud application: Version 3.9.5.353 released on 12/14/2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure.  The version of Win 10 should be 1607 with OS Build 14393.447

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you beat me to the punch.  Yes, that is the latest version of win10. 

Untitled.png

This is the webpage I get.  Do you have the two download buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do. Then the next page asks my experience level and I choose Beginner of course since I have never used it. Then it takes me to another page that says: "Experience Designer will install now...".

The page prompts my Creative Cloud app list to update and once finished, XD is not listed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What URL do the download buttons take you to?  When I hit download it takes me to a page that says:  Experience Design (Beta) is downloading now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from that page it doesn't start a download?  Did you try the "Download didn't start? Try Again" link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that link anywhere on the page...

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not start to download. It refreshes the list of apps in my Creative Cloud application only nothing changes when it is finished. I did not see a "Download Didn't start?" link. Only a "Need Help" link which was not helpful for this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, it looks like Chrome displays a different page.  What happens if you use the Edge browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe I did not think to try a different browser. That should've been my first thought...

I switched to Edge and after clicking "Download" the page asks the original question about my experience level with XD plus two additional questions (my apologies for not remembering the exact wording):

1. What is my profession / what are my skills? (Graphic Designer)

2. How will I be using this software? (Professional Use)

A system window within Edge asks me if I meant to switch to another application (the event handler prompts the CC application to open and refresh). I agree to switch applications.

Still have the same results. My CC application updates my list of available apps only XD is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no "Download did not start" link. Maybe I should empty my browser cache? Or try Safari or Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw those other questions on Chrome when I wasn't signed in, make sure you are signed in with the edge browser.  For me, the Edge browser started the download but Chrome sent me to the page you saw.

If signing in doesn't help, yes delete your cache and try a different browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted my cache on all browsers (just to be safe). Signed into my Creative Cloud account on all browsers before going to the XD page. Tried Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge and even Internet Explorer.

Same results every time. This is insane...

Should I remove the Creative Cloud application, use the CC Cleaner Tool,, then reinstall and try again? It seems like the CC application may be the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten about you; we're escalating to our Creative Cloud installer team to see if they can give you a hand. Can you please DM your EMail address and a phone number (including country code) where we can reach you?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah sure write me here

(Contact information removed from this public forum--Private Message elainecc with your contact information by clicking on her profile)

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed and there is NO virus. AVG is well known to give false positives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines