• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with OCR file on iOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently edited a pdf file using Adobe Acrobat DC on windows 7 and set the output to editable text and images and it is all perfect and can edit and highlight or do anything well but when i put this file on my ipad (ipad 3 and ios 9.3.5) it is no longer editable; i can't select the text, highlight it or anything so what's the problem?

Thank you

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to select text if it's already OCRed. Can you please share following information to help us identify the issue:

- How did you OCR the file

- What is the issue you are facing in iPad( Not able to select text or update it)

- Please share a sample document where you are facing this issue.(You can use https://cloud.acrobat.com/send  to share the file)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-I did it using Acorbat DC throug recognizing test and setting the output to editable text and images. If i used searchable image or exact image it is fine and works but editable text gives better quality text so i tried using it recently but i am faced with this problem where some texts can't be selected when i open the OCRed file on my ipad.

-The issue is that the filed that was OCRed using editable text and images output can't be selected when pressing on it for a second or so longer like it would normally do and hence i can't highlight it, underline it,..  althought when i tried another document viewer it worked fine.

-Here is a sample page of a file that doesn't work on my ipad. Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Another question if you could help me with or direct me to where i can ask, when a file is OCRed using this output setting (editable text and images) it becomes larger in size and very heavy to deal with (and behaves weirdly; like if i OCR using 600 dpi resolution it results in smaller sized files than if i used 72!! but still both are very heavy in scrolling) so how can i make it less in size and lighter to deal with on portable devices like ipad?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader for iOS, with the document you shared, long press is not working for selecting the text. So you would not be able to use Copy or Define, and there is no workaround for those two actions as of now.

But you can select the Highlight, Strikethrough, or Underline tool in commenting mode and create text markup annotations that way.  (Use Comment tool for this purpose).

Please use this workaround for creating text markups. Meanwhile, we will log a bug for you to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will do for now thank you very much.

I faced another problem though which is that a PDF file when opened on Adobe on iPad shows blank pages although it works well on Adobe PC and other PDF viewers on iPad and here's a link of it.

http://shrek.unideb.hu/~adamkardos/temp/boox/Modern%20electrodynamics.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it showing all the pages of PDF blank on iPad. Or only few pages in the beginning of PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All pages except the second page which appears normally but just the second one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything new yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corresponding team is looking into this. We will update you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lovekesh Garg​ Would you please answer me??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely sorry for the delay. I escalated your issue to the core team of iOS and moved this thread also to iOS category.

I just got this information that team is looking into this issue. They will find out the root cause why is this happening and fix this issue.

You will be updated once this issue is fixed.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5 months later and this is still not fixed... it's a major pain in my work with PDF's. Is there any possibility of an update on the progress towards fixing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines