• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unresolved Hyperlinks error message

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a horrible time exporting a document to ePub.  Initially I was getting dozens of Text Anchor errors, mainly TOC. I could not find any solution that worked in any forums or articles. So, I thought I would try deleting all of the bookmarks, hyperlinks, anchors...everything....and start fresh since it isn't a terribly huge book. I took everything out and tried an epub export and got the error below.  I thought maybe it is because it is seeing urls that aren't converted. So, I tried converting them, and the error remains. I have no idea how to even find these hyperlinks since it's just numbers.  I'm at my wit's end!

Screenshot 2016-12-19 03.53.09.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start?

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Is it a reflowable text ePub?

Are you exporting to ePub 3?

What does it state when you validate your ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am using InDesign 2015.2 with Windows 10. I am exporting to fixed layout ePub 3.

I have since gone back to the original file and made some adjustments to anchors and there are no errors popping up on export. I think part of my original problem was that I didn't exclude the final page which was the InDesign generated TOC. I don't know why exactly. My navigation is via Bookmarks and that is all working fine. 

I validated (thanks for the tip) with the idpf online validator. The only error showing up when I validate is the following which I don't know how to find:

OEBPS/2016_Winter_COABE_journal_electronic3-67.xhtml

12204Error while parsing file 'value of attribute "src" is invalid; must be a URI'

Now I have a new issue. I viewed it in Chrome Readium (which is what I had the best luck with for the last issue--my first epub) and the body text is all garbled.  It using a text style in Minion Pro (OTF) with no changes to this style since the last issue. Pages are also taking forever to load compared to last time.

Screenshot 2016-12-20 12.07.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.79 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What adjustments did you make? I am having the same trouble with a fixed layout epub. 3.0 The Toc is based on bookmarks as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a dedicated TOC 'style for the dynamic reader TOC, and optimize it for that purpose.

Always re/generate the TOC as a last step before exporting. Edits and other changes can break the various links. 

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but there is no change in the error. I have Make text anchor in source paragraph checked in the ToC Style. The error I get is below. 

Found TOC hyperlinks which don't have target text anchor information. Please update TOC with "Make text anchor in source paragraph" option turned on.
Unresolved Hyperlinks : 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect there are links that were broken by editing or other processes — tag ends left in the doc, of no consequence except that the export process doesn't know what to do with them.

Try purging the doc: save it as IDML, then open that document and save it under a new name as an INDD doc again. Regenerate the TOC and try the export again. (That in and out exchange purges tons of overhead data like undo from the doc, reduces its size, and rewrites much of the structure. It will often fix glitchy problems like this one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that errors is gone. Now on to figureing out why I get a multiple errors like the below when I try to upload the file to kindle.

This markup is currently not supported in Kindle and the link will be ignored. To fix the issue, please remove position:absolute CSS style inside the anchor tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed layout to Kindle is... a difficult process. It either works, or it doesn't, and if you get cryptic errors like the one above, it can be as much luck as anything else that finds the solution.

That error, for example, could be caused by any of a dozen minor faults in the way the document is structured.

I'd recommend changing the project to reflowable, and using that superior model for all future e-books. Fixed-layout often seems like the simpler approach, but it's not. And it can seem like the "right" approach... but it's not, because paper and digital books aren't the same thing, and it's a mistake to try to make one look and work like the other. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this need to match the print book page for page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what PDF is for.

Fixed-page EPUB was never a good solution for much of anything, and it's increasingly deprecated by book services. Just so you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortuanly when you upload the PDF to Kindle in ends up looking like an unformated word doc. 😞 Which it was never in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines