• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Fireworks CS6 on Mac OS X Sierra

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been the case on the betas of the upcoming OS X Sierra (10.12), but even with the Sierra GM installed, Fireworks CS 6 will not install.

I have downloaded Fireworks CS 6 from:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

and then when I run the installer on Sierra, I get:

screenshot_01.png

(and of course, clicking on the "Get Adobe Support Advisor" lets me know that Adobe Support Advisor is discontinued). I've tried to look in the Console for meaningful logs but can't find anything that points to a problem...

I reported it to Apple's beta feedback, but never heard anything back. Anyone know of a solution to get it to install on Sierra?

thanks,

Adam A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

There is a workaround this problem. You need to right click on "Installer" and use "Show package contents" go to folder "Contents" then "MacOS" and execute the Install from this folder.

I really don't know why this problem is happening using the usual way, but I was able to install this other way..

Best regards,

Pablo Salvanha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pablo is correct. Just double click on the "Install" and it should run (mine is right now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man. I was looking for this months ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo, Thanks for this result. It's right !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Pablo! Your suggestion did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Pablo - I've spent an hour chatting to Adobe and you just solved the issue in less than a minute. It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any of you tell me if the Fireworks Batch Processing is working in OS Sierra? That is the only feature I use it for (has some functionality that Photoshop's batching doesn't) and I never upgraded to El Capitan because I heard Fireworks batch processing wasn't working on it. I mostly use it for renaming or resizing/scaling batches of images. Would love your feedback, thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batching works for me fine in Sierra (as it did in El Capitan).

My only complaint since upgrading to Sierra that is that Fireworks runs slow. I hope Adobe can address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Do you know if it still runs slow on the latest version of Sierra? Is it so slow that you practically can't use it for work? I need Fireworks on a daily basis, and I usually upgrade on the same day Apple releases a new OS, but Fireworks is the only reason I didn't this time..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fireworks has been running fine for me in Sierra provided I don't leave files open when I finish a task. I found leaving multiple files open and then moving to another app will create the slowness issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since I upgraded to El Capitan Fireworks has a horrendous memory leak type issue. It can only stay open for a limited amount of time and crashes randomly when opening new blank canvases or existing documents. If anyone knows how to fix this I would be much obliged.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines