• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC freezes when I go to Develop.

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read posts from 2015 addressing this issue, so I was wondering if there is something more recent that can solve this problem.

I purchased and installed Lightroom CC November 2016. It will quickly freeze after a few edits to the image, usually in Develop. Sometimes I can complete an image, but most times I can't get through more than one command before it quits and the spinning blue circle appears forever.

I am running Windows 10 and I have upgraded the GPU driver as of yesterday. When I try to disable the GPU it goes into the freeze mode.

Frustrated that I am paying by the month for this and I cant really use it. Photoshop works fine, but it cant do what Lightroom is supposed to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

You will have to disable the GPU manually by editing the preferences file.

Close Lightroom. With the File Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences

Open the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs in a text editor, like Notepad.

Close to the end of the file there is a line that says useAutoBahn = true, - change this to useAutoBahn = false,

Save and close the file. Now launch Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to disable the GPU manually by editing the preferences file.

Close Lightroom. With the File Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences

Open the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs in a text editor, like Notepad.

Close to the end of the file there is a line that says useAutoBahn = true, - change this to useAutoBahn = false,

Save and close the file. Now launch Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a solution for those of us on a Mac platform?

I am running OS X El Capitan V 10.11.6 and am having the same problem with Develop mode freezing.  I've searched for the Preferences file listed above without success.

Same frustration as the original poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac use the Finder, and go to

Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom Preferences

Open the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.plist in a text editor, then follow the procedure above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I follow the path you recommend above, I do not have a Lightroom Preferences folder in the Adobe folder.  Could it be named something else?

I am using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, 2015.8 Release, Camera Raw 9.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mac or a Windows PC?

If Windows then your problem is the OS is hiding some folders from you. Specifically the AppData folder. This is a System folder and by default Windows is set not to show them to the user even Administrators. You have to open the Folder Options in Control panel (or Settings if you are using Windows 10). Go to the View tab and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)". While your in there you might as well Tick "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" (one of the most idiotic settings to be checked by default).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac and am running OS X El Capitan V 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  The link you provided above showed me how to get to the file.  Now, when I search for 'useAutoBahn' in the text editor, it only shows up once and does not look like the screen shot above (see below).

%AgDevelop_effectsPanel_ExpansionState_  AgExport_metadata_keywordOptions_ 'AgDevelop_localizedPaintPreset_subtract_  AgLibrary_loupeZoomInLevel_  AgExport_DNG_compressed_ -AgEditExternally_formatOptions_ExpansionState_  TouchWorkspace_autoEnterMode[useAutoBahn_  AgMultiMonitor_autoResize_  AgDevelop_dustSpotFeather_  LoupeVerticalGestureMode_  Location_cityFieldEnabled_ 0AgTemplateBrowserDataModel_copied_ExternalEditor_ !AgLibrary_keywords_shortcut3title_ $LocationModule_toolbar_revealedState_

Should I be looking for something different because I'm using a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the Text editor window you are using to view that file. What you posted above means nothing.

To open that file in a Text Editor right click on it and select open with (or something like that) then Other and point it to the Mac text editor. Post a screen shot of the window that open with that file loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I did in my previous post.  I opened the .plist file in TextEdit, searched for the keyword 'AutoBahn', and copied the only section in the entire file with it.  The file is too large to post as one screen shot.  That's why I asked if I should be looking for another keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a Mac to capture a screen shot press Shift+Command(CMD)+4 and then draw a box around what you want to capture. A PNG file will be saved to your desktop of what was inside the box. It won't be that big in MB to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the equivalent 'show hidden files...' in Finder and still couldn't locate the Lightroom Preferences folder of the Lightroom 6 Preferences.plist file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines