• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2017 crash, crash crash

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have removed prefs, reloaded app, turned fonts on and off, restarted in Safe mode, signed in and out of Creative Suite. NOTHING WORKS. Running latest Creative Suite software on iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 with latest Sierra 10.12.2. 

ID crashes either right after opening doc or two or three scrolls later. Have tried with new docs, old docs. HELP, this is not how professional software is supposed to work -- I am on a deadline for publication.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of few issues, Can you please try the following and see iof that resooved the issus:

Let me know if you still face issue.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say

"Select the folder where Adobe InDesign CC 2017 is installed. "

Using macOS Sierra, it does not allow me to select "Applications" where Adobe InDesign cc 2017 is installed. Nor does it allow me to select the folder where the actual application resides. The menu bar says "Choose InDesign CC 2017 to update" which I do, and I am left only with an open dialogue box that gives me the choice to cancel or, I guess, ignore the dialogue box.

The crashes continue on quick apply, which is sad because it was such a useful feature. -d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the above workaround help? Can you please share the video of the issue being faced by you on santalwa@adobe.com    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: different files, different computers, and it crashs all the time - last time I just deleted a photo and it crashed. Tried Adobe chat and it was useless. This is not how professional software is supposed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alice, no one can help you unless you tell us (1) what InDesign version, (2) what operating system, and (3) exactly what is happening. We're not mind readers (and most of us are not Adobe....we're users like you).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines