• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color management in "Print"

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom on i-mac to epson 3880 printer I have always printed using icc profiles for each paper type which pop up under color management; profile All of a sudden profile says "managed by printer" and I have not found a way to get back to my list of papers.

How do I get back to the paper profiles in color management?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Are you referring to "Color Management" in the Printer Panel on the right side of the screen?  Click on the 2 up/down arrows to the right of "Managed by Printer" to select the ICC Profile for the paper/printer combination.

Screenshot 2016-12-18 17.31.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to "Color Management" in the Printer Panel on the right side of the screen?  Click on the 2 up/down arrows to the right of "Managed by Printer" to select the ICC Profile for the paper/printer combination.

Screenshot 2016-12-18 17.31.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I have always done in the past but now when I click on the  arrows I do not get printer paper options I get a list of " profiles" like pal/secam,rgb ,iflux etc. I have never seen any of these before. and they do not directly relate to paper choice.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please check if by any chance the printer driver might have been uninstalled / needs updated.

Under the Color management -> Profile , Click 'Other' and see if you are seeing the intended profile.

1.jpg2.jpg

Please let me know your observations.

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what used to happen. Now when I click other I get 15 options ( name and then long string ) that seem to be related to color space but none relate to printer paper combinations.  I can't remember how the paper options were originally loaded. I will try to reload the printer drivers?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the list of options you are seeing, there is an “Other...” choice. Click on that and you will see a large list of options. Your paper choices will be there. You can select the ones you want to see displayed by clicking on the checkmark box next to them. Unselect the ones you don’t want to see.

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 9.02.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 9.00.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how I used to get my paper options but now when I click on "other" there are 21 options -- none of them related to paper.

Since they seem to have been lost, I have downloaded icc profiles for papers  for the epson 3800. How do I get them into Lightroom color management?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy them to the system Library>Application Support>Adobe>Color>Profiles>Recommended folder.

(Not your User Library, but the system Library).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines