• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some text can't be tagged manually. Anyone else run into this?

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am going along manually tagging text, sometimes I get to a point in the document where I select the text, select a tag, and nothing happens. Once I do that, I can no longer tag anything the rest of the way down the page. I have to run autotag (which for me does a horrible job because the people creating the forms/documents don't know how to create them correctly. Once I auto tag, I then have to go back and change each tag and redo the whole document. Not bad for one pagers, but on a 5 to 100 page document it's a mess.

Has anyone else run into this, and better yet, found a solution? I've been searching for days, but it looks like it may just be me. I have updated, uninstalled/reinstalled and no luck.

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have crazy things like that happen when working with PDFs created with InDesign, with some of the content inside of Form XObjects that show up in the Content pane. Like you, I have to find time-consuming work-arounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you hit it on the head. Our people are using In-Design as well. Probably no good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not just with Indesign. It happens with docs made from Word as well.

Tags get retagged (headers to span, p to list, etc) even without using the Autotag feature.

The accessibility tools are so broken that my team has been forced to deliver HTML only.

There's honestly no current solution, other than for Adobe to fix this piece of turd program and take accessibility seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. Our department is very determined in making things accessible and it can be extremely frustrating. We have a lot of forms, so html only is not a viable solution for us, but we have done a lot more html for basic things that we may have just posted a pdf for in the past (announcements, memos, press releases, etc.)

Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines