• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

D700 Green Tint on import to LR adobe standard

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...I've noticed lately my D700 is producing a green cast to each image when imported to lightroom. (Lightroom 2015 CC with 9.7 Camera Raw installed, Win 10). I should say screen is calibrated, and it's a Dell 2K ultrasharp and I am up to date with the latest D700 firmware installed. I am aware picture styles do produce problems but I've not had this before with any other camera. I seem to be seeing it in lower light, not sure it is happening during the day outside. Back LCD doesn't show the cast and looks more accurate.

I am using Adobe Standard, shooting Standard in camera (I know they are not exactly the same but I have always liked Adobe Standard as an editing starting point). On import I have no presets, I have WB 'as shot' set and most of the time I am shooting AUTO WB.

The other annoying thing I have found is even if I force the D700 to an actual WB Kelvin, on import to LR it ignores it and comes up with it's own value - I am aware the programme just interprets it and there is probably no solution for this problem specifically.

So my issue is that it appears most files need about +10 towards magenta on the tint slider and it fixes them, otherwise I get green walls, whites are greenish, the true kermit affect (it's not as bad as I make it out - an amateur would probably miss it but once you've seen it it'll drive you crazy).

I tried getting lightroom to just add +10 to each file but it records those settings as a default values and instead of just adding +10 to each file on import it sets the specific value which of course is no good.

Is there a workable solution? I don't really want to switch editing software as I generally like LR and as I say none of my other cameras - D810 or D750 are doing this so I don't understand why the D700 is being interpretated in this way by adobe and the others don't give me issue? I've tried resetting the default settings for the D700 import etc, shooting jpg and raw gives a green jpg as well as a raw file interpreted by lightroom to be green aswell.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might see what you can do with the manual colour sliders in the Camera Calibration panel. Those operate in a relative manner.

Another way would be to bring your current camera calibration profile into the DNG Profile Editor, tweak its colour, and then employ that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

primeshooter wrote:

I've tried resetting the default settings for the D700 import etc, shooting jpg and raw gives a green jpg as well as a raw file interpreted by lightroom to be green aswell.

Thanks in advance.

If you use the camera's Daylight White Balance setting and shoot a daylight (5500-6500K) scene does it also have a green tint? If the camera JPEG also had a green tint it's due to a camera setting. Check the camera's 'White Balance Fine Tuning' settings and make sure they are all at their 0 default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To let you understand the issue, the LCD looks normal, slightly magenta if anything but much more normal. Everything in the picture settings on the camera is normal. Lightroom ignores that anyway. It's adobe standard I use on import. And every other camera I run that through is normal, no green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

primeshooter wrote:

To let you understand the issue, the LCD looks normal, slightly magenta if anything but much more normal. Everything in the picture settings on the camera is normal. Lightroom ignores that anyway. It's adobe standard I use on import. And every other camera I run that through is normal, no green.

That is correct for raw image files, but JPEGs have the camera's settings applied in-camera (baked-in). That's why I asked, "If you use the camera's Daylight White Balance setting and shoot a daylight (5500-6500K) scene does it also have a green tint? If the camera JPEG also has a green tint it's due to a camera setting." Clearly there's something different with this camera if your other cameras don't exhibit the green tint with similar in-camera settings. Again, you need to shoot raw+JPEG to better determine what's going on. I highly recommend doing some more investigation here before using the Adobe DNG Profile Editor. Two wrongs may make it right (camera issue corrected with a Modified Profile), but that's not the best way to "fix" the issue.

On a separate issue I would recommend NOT using in-camera 'Auto White Balance' with LR's 'As Shot' WB setting. Scene colors will influence the 'As Shot' WB settings causing the WB to shift between different picture subjects. Then you'll need to adjust the WB in every picture instead of simply Syncing the WB across image files with similar lighting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So The issue is why is the JPG and the RAW displaying it. If anything the JPG should be fine...I'll check this again tonight to confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard thanks, is this program free? DNG I mean? I don't understand this at all, my D810 doesn't case this issue using Adobe Standard upon import which would suggest the profile is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG Profile Editor is a free utility from Adobe.

Alternatively, from time to time people share camera calibration profiles online, or make their own from Colorchecker target, etc. Also Adobe sometimes issues an updated / corrected standard camera profile after user reports of bad colour of some sort.

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5494 ... is the utility.​

It's Windows, but does not need to be installed (may run in a Mac Windows emulator?)

It is not incompatible to have some sort of issue with the Adobe Standard profile for your D700, while the Adobe Standard profile for the D810 is fine. These two are independent files, even though labelled with the same profile name.

LR filters down to only present profiles that are explicitly FOR whatever camera took the currently-displayed image. This list includes both factory supplied, and user customised profiles. The DNG Profile Editor can save a modified profile with your choice of profile name. That name then appears in LR's list of available profiles, against the camera concerned - after you've restarted LR I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, so if +10 magenta fixes the issue, do I just purely have to edit the D700 adobe standard profile by adding this +10 toward magenta? When I tried to do this in lightroom it made every tint value +10 for every RAW image shot in AWB which didn't work obviously. What i want is an addition of +10 to each WB adobe thinks is right, in terms of it's tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPG and Raw the Same. The standard picture control in camera has been reset by me several times, it's at default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here is the weirdest part. Created own profile from the Adobe Standard one...added +10 magenta. And it corrects it. On some files, but others the file remains green, and it doesn't seem to tackle it the way it does but adding +10 into the tint box in lightroom! What the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

primeshooter wrote:

JPG and Raw the Same. The standard picture control in camera has been reset by me several times, it's at default.

Please post a raw and JPEG file pair that exhibit the green tint to Dropbox or other file sharing site. Any subject will do as long as it exhibits the issue! Please also review pictures shot with your other cameras to confirm they do NOT show the same green tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Standard, shooting Standard in camera (I know they are not exactly the same but I have always liked Adobe Standard as an editing starting point). On import I have no presets, I have WB 'as shot' set and most of the time I am shooting AUTO WB

To trouble shoot have you tried the "camera standard" profile? If that doesn't show the green tint than the Adobe standard profile is the problem. If it does show the same problem, something is wrong with the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao vdL wrote:

To trouble shoot have you tried the "camera standard" profile? If that doesn't show the green tint than the Adobe standard profile is the problem. If it does show the same problem, something is wrong with the camera.

Jao, the OP says both raw and JPEG files exhibit the green tint:

"So The issue is why is the JPG and the RAW displaying it. If anything the JPG should be fine..."

So it's not a camera profile issue, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see that now. That is clearly a camera issue then. I remember helping somebody out here a while ago that had severe green tint issues at low light conditions. Also a Nikon body. After some back and forth, he sent the camera back to Nikon who fixed it. Some problem with the sensor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jumping in late to the party....

Using Lightroom 2015.7 on Windows 10, my D700 does not have this problem.

Any chance you can use Dropbox.com or Google Drive or the like, and give us an example NEF or two so that we can see what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines