• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 15 will not open photos from within LR.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi~

I cannot open a photo in Photoshop Elements 15 from within Lightroom CC ver. 2015.8. Here's what happens: I select a photo in LR (I have tried in TIFF, PSD, and JPEG formats) and then choose "Edit in Photoshop Elements 15." LR creates a copy in the format I've chosen. A window pops up saying that PSE15 cannot open files in the TIFF/PSD/JPEG format. A second window appears which allows me to select and open PSE and then choose an image from my pictures folder, apparently bypassing LR altogether. I have tried with several different photos, in different formats. And it doesn't matter whether PSE is already open or not.

I found a similar question where the error message was that PSE could not be opened. The issue seemed to be resolved with LR version .8 which I already have. Also my error message is different, claiming that PSE cannot open the files in the selected format.

I have checked and rechecked the settings for external editors. Everything seems to be in order. Photoshop CC is the primary editor and PSE the "External Editor." I have also checked LR settings suggested in the earlier conversation I mentioned above.

Any ideas? I don't use PSE very often, but it would be nice to get this glitch cleared up.

Many thanks.

~Richard Nicoles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Click the choose button and follow the file path to the Editor Application. See  my blog link. Instructions are for PSE14 but simply substitute 15

http://99jon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/setting-up-photoshop-elements-14-as.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your settings. Make sure your are pointing to the Editor App and not the shortcut for the PSE welcome screen - see image below.

pes15external.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply. My "External Editing" window looks just like your sample with the exception that mine shows the specific PSE version (15) and yours does not. I tried clearing the choice and selecting it again. Same problem. When in LR I select Photo>Edit in> the choices are photoshop CC and Photoshop Elements 15. So, unless I'm missing some detail, the solution does not lie in the direction you suggest. Thanks again, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the choose button and follow the file path to the Editor Application. See  my blog link. Instructions are for PSE14 but simply substitute 15

http://99jon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/setting-up-photoshop-elements-14-as.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again. That did it! Of course, I had been selecting the PSE editor from Applications, not from the Support Folder. Opening PSE from Lightroom works now as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines