• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to update LR version: 5.7.1 to LR 6 Standalone without success!

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am trying to update my current standalone version of LR 5.7.1 to LR 6 (standalone as well).

I downloaded the update but whenever i try to run the installer, it quits when i click "sign in" i also downloaded the patch

Lightroom 6.0.1/2015.0.1 and when i try to run it, a message pops up telling me that the update is note "update could not be applied and that is is not applicable for me"

I have both of my versions as standalone and don't know what do do here. I tried to contact adobe but the helpCenter won't even load...

i am thankful for any help and sorry if that issue has been discussed before. Just trying to get it to work

thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not an update, it is a new version that you must buy

Buy Lightroom 6 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-single-app-Lightroom-6.html

-Lightroom serial number will work on both Windows and Mac versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2179765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your fast answer...so you're saying that i have to buy the full version of lightroom 6 and there is no way of updating it? do you know by any chance if there´s a refund since i bought the update?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must pay the upgrade fee, which in the United States is 79 dollars (and the price varies from country to country). Did you do this, or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige i did pay for it

@jao vdL i am running el capitan 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... but whenever i try to run the installer, it quits when i click "sign in" ...

Is there an error message? If so, please quote the complete exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Is this the installer program you have downloaded from Install Photoshop Lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no message, it just crashes....that is the version i have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download a about 727 MB file from Adobe? If it is smaller it is not the right one and you have a file that updates from a version of 6 to 6.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larsano wrote:

@dj_paige i did pay for it

@jao vdL i am running el capitan 10.11.6

You paid for what version of LR? If you mean you paid for LR 5 then to get LR 6 you have to pay again.

LR 6 is a completely New Version. It is not an update to version 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i paid for LR5 and thought it is an update to LR6 i issued a refund and will wait and buy the new version then. thank you very much for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

larsano wrote:

i paid for LR5 and thought it is an update to LR6 i issued a refund and will wait and buy the new version then. thank you very much for all your help.

Ok but that doesn't sound correct. LR 6 has been out for well over a year, released in April of 2015, and once Adobe releases a new version they stop selling the older version. So I have no idea how you could of bought LR 5. And how could LR 5 be an Update to the newer LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you paid for the upgrade already, it is possible that you are running a too old version of your operating system. You need a 64 bit OS installed and a minimum OS version. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines