Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Flash update as it redirects to Adobe.com

Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current system: Windows 10 - Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m, Firefox 50.1.0 - Flash 23.0.0.207

I got a pop-up telling me to install the Flash update. When I go to Flash update, as usual this page opens:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

I click "Install Now" and get this page: Adobe: Creative, marketing and document management solutions  - in other words, clicking install now redirects to the adobe.com homepage.

When at this adobe.com homepage, I click "Flash player" at the bottom right, I am back at Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Clicking "Install Now" I again am redirected to the Adome.com homepage Adobe: Creative, marketing and document management solutions

Repeat endless times. In other words: I cannot download the update as I always am being redirected to Adobe: Creative, marketing and document management solutions instead. This has never happened before.

I already tried updating from the Flash Player Settings Manager, but the result is the same.

Does anyone know how to get past this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

The issue with the download page has been resolved.  Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the update doesn't work, how about just getting a complete new install?

Getting Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not the download in it that does not work, I simply cannot get access to a download because the INSTALL button redirects to the homepage of Adobe.com

I tried the link you gave, same problem. redir.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either update or new install simply loops back to the Creative Cloud webpage when you click the install button.

They seem to have disabled the page for other versions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and are escalating it to the team that page.  Updates to this issue will be posted at Flash Player download page "Install now' button redirects to www.adobe.com .  Please subscribe/follow that topic.  To follow, click on the Follow () link in the upper right and select how you wish to receive notifications of new posts to the topic.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Installing Flash Player​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with the download page has been resolved.  Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works like a charm. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't update my flash. I get noticed to download, I click it and firefox opens

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/ppapi/

then suddenly address bar changes to  _javascript:/*https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/ppapi/

and this opens google.com search _javascript:/*https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/ppapi/

Flash-problem.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to this

Flash-problem2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

duplicate comment.  same issue reported at Can't get a new update redirected to other page _javascript:/*https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/upd...   I'll reply to your issue at this discussion topic.

Locking this discussion topic as it's fairly old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines