• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.8 Importing duplicated images

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums have several postings about LR importing duplicate images from iPhones and cameras.

I just got a Canon G7 mark 2 and have only shot about 50 images. My first import was of 10 images.

On my second import from the G7, with the import panel "do not import suspected duplicates" checked I got all the camera images again. Not 40, but 50.

I have had problems with my iPhone SE, but the duplicates are random images from among the several hundred on the phone.

On the iPhone I just delete the problem files until another different batch crops up.

There is something wrong in the software.

If this persists with the Canon G7 it is going to be a royal pain they are really big files 20mg.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions other that wiping the memory card after each import?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

That's a possibility since the meta data is different. I don't typically add gps until later if at all. Try it without the gps data and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Formatting the card after you get images off it. Seems like the logical thing to do. It is for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely.

I usually do that on my cameras.

Not so easy on the iPhone.

I still think there is a bug in Lightroom that needs some attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you renaming the images on import? If so, LR may not know those images have been imported.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I do not rename.

I do add GPS data as a matter of course.

That maybe the problem, I wonder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a possibility since the meta data is different. I don't typically add gps until later if at all. Try it without the gps data and see what happens.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines