• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Photo box discolouring background

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating some point of sale material. I have photographed the product and cut it out with a layer mask in Photoshop. Adding it to the in design file and it looks perfect.  As below.

How ever, when i print it the rectangle frame discolours whats the background colour. as below.

I have tried save the image file as psd and a png both have the same effect.

i have 10 different products to do. any one know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article that Eugene posted has 2 workarounds: "Print as Image" or "Rasterize all Elements through Transparency Flattener". Personally, I like the "Print as Image" method, it can be done with one step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For offset printing, it is not an issue as it will show up correctly. Another thing is for any kind of digital printing. I have found a sloution for myself. I use the transparency layer mask as you do also, but I add also a clipping path outside the transition area where complete transparency should be, so I have both, a path for digital printing, which cuts away any transparency and transparncy which makes the soft transition to look better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What printer? Does it have a separate controller/RIP/DFE (Fiery etc), and if so, which?

Is the blue a spot colour swatch? If so, unless it will actually be printed on the press as an extra ink, it's best to keep to process swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines