• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant drag images into Adobe XD - Program crashes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10, with the latest update installed. I can't drag any images in to Adobe XD at all It just wont let me. Whether they are on my PC or from external sources. Sometimes the program even crashes and just quits itself with no warning. I've tried reinstalling the app 4 times, and the same problem still occurs.

I went into Windows Event Viewer and was able to find this crash log. Hopefully this can be used to fix the problem.

Faulting application name: Experience Design CC (Beta).exe, version: 0.6.8.6, time stamp: 0x58424f4c

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57daca78

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000006d1c4

Faulting process ID: 0x1434

Faulting application start time: 0x01d257d1c96b44ea

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.8.6_x64__adky2gkssdxte\Experience Design CC (Beta).exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: ef8df273-f47c-4900-a204-ee727d57427a

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.8.6_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Issue has been resolved. Updating my GPU drivers seemed to have fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, danielh57221660-

Can you try with a single PNG to see if it crashes? We currently only support PNG import, and it's unclear from your message above what type of images you tried to import.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to go to File > Import and successfuly import an image. However, I am unable to drag any image in manually. I've tried almost every file type. Therefore, I cannot create bounding boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you can't drag a single PNG from the File Explorer?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this. I'm unable to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I'm having someone look into it; I haven't been able to reproduce this with a JPG or a PNG.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I checked on some Win10 machines and i was not able to reproduce the problem you are seeing. I have some questions that may help us understand the problem better:

1. Are you able to drag these images from Explorer into other applications?

2. When XD does not allow you to drag, does it display the forbidden icon or it allows you to drag but it crashes?

3. You mention that sometimes it crashes. Does it happen randomly, did you notice a pattern depending on where the file is located?

4. Does this problem occur independent of the image type? Do you exhibit the same behavior with PNG/GIF/JPG?

5. Can you give us more details about your system? Start -> Settings -> System -> About. For instance, on one machine, i am running Win10 Enterprise version 1607, build 14393.576, the latest update.

6. What language are you using on your system?

When you say you cannot create bounding boxes, can you give us more detail about what you are trying to do?

Mihnea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mihnea, sure

1. Yes, I can drag images into photoshop, illustrator etc. No problem. Adobe XD is the only software that I'm experiencing this issue on. Maybe it's something to do with it being a UWP application, hmm.

2. If I try just dragging an image into the application, my mouse cursor displays as the little "barrier" forbidden mouse cursor icon. However, when I try to drag an image onto a square shape to create a bounding box/mask I see a little box with the word "Copy" in. The image does not appear, and the application just quits itself.

3. It only crashes when I try to drag an image onto a shape to create a bounding box/image mask.

4. The problem occurs with every image file type and every image file size. No matter where it is stored.

c1d97f3531f7a2632118932aa654878b.png

81ed93d79183fe2049512c945aa44e5b.png

6. What language are you using on your system? English, United Kingdom.

By Bounding boxes, I mean trying to drag an image on a shape, if I'm correct, this is supposed to create a mask.

I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue has been resolved. Updating my GPU drivers seemed to have fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it worked out! Thanks for sharing your solution.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fix doesn't work (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines