Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacing issues with Footnotes and body text

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Im having a spacing issue between the body text and the footnote.

I've tried allowing for minimum space before footnotes - but it doesn't seem to be working?

Any tips on how to get consistent space across the document?
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.38.25 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the footnote setting you used..

Few years ago i faced this problem and i solved this with Keep option of above paragraph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the keep together option too. I found it was leaving too many lines empty, rather then just keeping together the two lines in teh paragraph it was removing say 3-4 lines randomly on some pages. Cant win with this at the moment.

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 5.06.36 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to change the value in the Spacing Option, increase Space before Footnote.

I see another problem in your screen shot, it is not related to footnotes: You work with empty paragraphs to force space between paragraphs. This is an absolute no go. Create Paragraph Styles with appropriate space before and after in its settings. Otherwise the keep function will fail and it could happen that headlines and follow up content is torn apart to different pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you gave values in the arrow marked as below?

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 12.18.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines