Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.8 downloaded but won't open

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am on Mac OS 10.8.5 El Capitan, and cannot upgrade to Sierra because of age of my Powerbook Pro. 

I have downloaded LR 6.8 (having been using LR6), and installed it but it won't open. (The upgrade doesn't appear in my applications folder but does appear in the Storage section of my System Information - though I can't ).  It seems El Capitan doesn't support LR 6.8.

My question: how do I revert to LR 6, which I was using successfully, and which is still in my applications folder?

Thanks

Adrian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

You will need to uninstall and then re-install.

Launch Finder and go to Applications >> Utilities >> Adobe Installers

Uninstall Adobe Lightroom

Re-boot your mac, and then go to the link below to download LR6.0

After installation you may be able to download one of the update patches applicable to your OS, but start with the main download.

Install Photoshop Lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you are running El Capitan if the version number is 10.8.x. That is Mt Lion and the newer releases of LR don't work on that older version of OS X.

Image result for Mac OS X versions

Release history. Box/Mac App Store artwork for everyversion of macOS. Left to right: Cheetah/Puma (1), Jaguar (2), Panther (3), Tiger (4), Leopard (5), Snow Leopard (6), Lion (7), Mountain Lion (8), Mavericks (9), Yosemite (10), El Capitan (11), Sierra (12).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks. So the same question applies: how to remove the download, which seems to have lodged in an odd place, and revert to the previous version of LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to uninstall and then re-install.

Launch Finder and go to Applications >> Utilities >> Adobe Installers

Uninstall Adobe Lightroom

Re-boot your mac, and then go to the link below to download LR6.0

After installation you may be able to download one of the update patches applicable to your OS, but start with the main download.

Install Photoshop Lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. Sorry for my ignorance, but can I then re-install LR without having to re-purchase or needing a code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to just sign-in again on the same machine, but if you need your serial number it will be in your Adobe account if you originally registered the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again - will have a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally achieved download & install, after Chat support on some details from Adobe - very helpful. Thanks to those who responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines