• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Lost all retouched photo's done in LR

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a trial version of LR (for PC), but my PC recently crashed. I managed to find the following folder on my PC  "Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata" and another file called "Lightroom Catalog.lrdata" (within these folder are two icons "previews.db" and " root-pixels.db".

My LR trial has ended; question now is once I purchase LR and install it, can I install LR application on a new PC and somehow have access to all my retouched photo's??? Are these files stored in the "Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata" folder??? And if yes, what are the steps to follow (i.e. procedure to get the catalog onto my new pc with LR application installed.

I really appreciate any help re the above, as need to get this sorted asap and I am keen to purchase LR asap. Also if I cant recover the retouched images, I will need to start all over again...        

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

You need to find the file whose name ends with .LRCAT. If you find that, then you need to copy it to the new computer, you need to double-click on it to open it in Lightroom (assuming LR has been installed on the new computer). You also need to copy the photos to the new computer, and keep them in the exact same folder on the new computer as they were in on the old computer. Complete details are here: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to find the file whose name ends with .LRCAT. If you find that, then you need to copy it to the new computer, you need to double-click on it to open it in Lightroom (assuming LR has been installed on the new computer). You also need to copy the photos to the new computer, and keep them in the exact same folder on the new computer as they were in on the old computer. Complete details are here: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines