• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom stopped working

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I use Lightroom either on 1st  image or a after 1 or 2 ... when doing a simple task such as setting levels ...

Lightroom crashes ..  (error below)

No PC error - and if I start LR back up it usually OK for rest of session - only seems to crash once per session.  (but that may be luck)

Image this time was a simple <4Mb jpeg - not a huge file ....

Windows is up to date W10 64 bit ... LR is standard single use ver 6.7

error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you reboot the last time?

Please note that Win10 does not fully unload and reload everything when it is shutdown and started up.

Only a reboot completely unloads everything and reloads upon start.

Personally, I did turn this FastBoot feature off - can be found in the energy settings.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut my PC down fully every day ... so for example it was shut down last night .,... started today , and when I started LR ... is crashed on about 3rd edit step on a file.

Is there a 'repair'  tool ?     becoming a pain.

I know nothing about FastBoot ... I just turned it 'off' , will wait to see if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tafflad schrieb:

I shut my PC down fully every day ... so for example it was shut down last night .,... started today , and when I started LR ... is crashed on about 3rd edit step on a file.

I know nothing about FastBoot ... I just turned it 'off' , will wait to see if this helps.

There you go ... as I wrote, that (probably) is exactly the issue.

If FastBoot is turned on, only a reboot completely unloads and reloads all drivers.

There is nothing to "repair".

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read here: Windows 10 Forums

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The testing confirms this change to non-fast startup has made no difference,

The 'stopped working' fault is still happening.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to remove, reboot and then reinstall LR.

Download directly from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

You need to first install 6.0 and then you can apply the upgrade to 6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that.

Do I need to dectivate license ... had reinstall issues once a few years back with PS ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bad idea to log out before removing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstalled - issue that it was rejecting license (as before) seems to be related to this is an upgrade purchase of 6.Had to get support involved ... now back installed again - see how things run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines