• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost lens profile

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update for Lightroom 6 and then it would not start because it was missing a .dll file and I had to reinstall Lightroom again. After doing so I loss the lens profile for the sigma 50-100 lens. How can I get this profile back? I tried updating Lightroom again with the same results and I have not found any way to add any lens profiles. Can anyone help me out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Thank you very much. That worked so now I have the use of that lens' profile. I wish I can do that with the dll file, but I cannot find it on my computer. I appreciate your help in this matter. I hope you have a merry Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling LR probably put 6.0 back so install the 6.8 patch that includes the new lens profile manually from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work. The link took me to download, which was the same download I used before Lightroom_6_LS11. Still no update on the lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What precise version of LR are you running, then?  Use Help / System Info to find out.  If it says LR 6 then it is 6.0.  6.8 will actually say 6.8 as the version.

Here is what I see at the link I provided, both Mac and Windows 6.8 patch installers:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my info shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I ran the patch 2015.8 and now lightroom will not open because I am missing apr-ms-win-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. If I reinstall, which it suggests, then I right back to where I was. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my system shows now after having to reinstall Lightroom again.

lightroom.JPG

What I did was go to the first update and that one would not open or install so I did the second one and it put me right back to where I was in that Lightroom would not open because it was missing a .dll file and it suggested that I reinstall Lightroom again. So what do I do to get out of this endless loop and get Lightroom where it has all the current lens profiles? Thank you for the help you have giving so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I did the download for Windows 7 64 bit and 86 just to be sure and get the message that it isn't applicable to my computer. So I thought maybe I need to run the update on Lightroom first. So I did that and get the following

Can

I then tried to run the downloads again and I get the same message that it is not applicable to my computer. Do you have any other suggestions? I cannot be the only person that this is happening to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions out there that can help me fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That DLL is for running Windows 10 programs on older OSes.  Until you can get it to install I am not sure you'll be able to get LR 6.8/2015.8 to run.

Is it not applicable because it already exists or because some prerequisite isn't installed.  The 64-bit version is what you want to install.

This is the file info on that update page for Win 7 SP1 64-bit so you might search to see if it already exists.  It might be in a System folder under Windows that doesn't normally come up.  I only have a Windows 10 computer, now, so cannot tell you where, exactly, it'd be on a Windows 7 system.

Have you run Windows Update in Control Panel - Small Icons or Large Icons mode?

Do you have Windows 7 SP1 installed?  I think that's what 7601 means but it'd be nice for you to confirm that SP1 is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have windows 7 with special pack 1 install and did have all the Lightroom updates installed with all the lens and camera profiles until the last lightroom update. Once I installed that Lightroom quit working or other I was not able to open it because of the .dll file and had to reinstall lightroom 6. When I reinstalled Lightroom then it was Lightroom 6.0 with no up to date lens profile. I have searched for just the ones I need have not been able to find them. Every time I install a Lightroom update then I get the message of cannot open because of missing dll file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that summarizes your situation.

Have you run Windows Update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Windows is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you'll never be able to install a new version of LR on your Win 7 system, until you can install that DLL, but there is a way to hack specific lens profiles to be used in an older version of LR.

First download and install the latest DNG Converter, which should be 9.8 I think and include the lens profile you're after, but normally the place the DNG Converter installs lens profiles is only looked at by Photoshop not Lightroom.  After installing the DNG Converter 9.8 check in LR to make sure the profile isn't available.  If it is then you're done, if not then continue with the following hack:

Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Sigma\whatevercameramanufacturer\

Copy the appropriate-camera-model version of the lens profile file that ends with (SIGMA 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM A016) v2 - RAW.lcp

to the shared user-library lens profile area:

C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded

and restart LR and you should see the lens profile.

If you eventually get a newer version of LR to install then you probably should delete the duplicate profile under the Users location.  There is a non-v2 version of the profile file as well, and I don't know what the difference is so maybe you should copy both until you can determine which one you need.

Keep in mind that both ProgramData and AppData are hidden-system folders so you either need to turn on visibility for those or just type in their names into the Explorer address bar without seeing them listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. That worked so now I have the use of that lens' profile. I wish I can do that with the dll file, but I cannot find it on my computer. I appreciate your help in this matter. I hope you have a merry Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines