Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse CPU over 100% issue

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Muse version 2017.0.1.11

iMac i7 3.5Ghz, 16Gb RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, Graphics NVIDIAGeForce GTX 780M 4096 Mb, macOS Sierra Version 10.12.1

I have been suffering with the issue of Muse causing the CPU to run at well over 100%. It seems that whenever taking any editing actions within Muse, and especially when dragging images or boxes around, it hits around 120%. When publishing or previewing site in browser it ramps straight up to 140% plus, then goes “not responding”, and eventually starts again and completes the export. CPU then drops back to normal levels.

If the site is saved and has been published and then I publish again without making any changes then none of this happens. However, if I publish and then simply move a text box by one pixel and re-publish the CPU issue occurs. I have it set to only upload modified files. I can see there are other reports on issues with CPU usage but cannot see that anyone has come up with an answer or that there is a patch in the offering.

Is there a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

We haven't heard of this issue from other users. If you have another computer to test on, can you try installing Muse on it, and let us know if you still face this issue?

Are you using any third-party widgets of custom HTML code? Any errors in HTML code could be slowing down your computer.

This is a far shot, but if you are ready, try doing a clean install of Muse. Uninstall using Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and reinstall the program.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

Thank you for responding.

The issue of Muse taking up resources has been in other Forums e.g Muse is using over 100% CPU while editing a page - Once peaked at 300% CPU.... WTF? posted this year for which there does not appear to have been a resolution.

I have a number of widgets from MuseThemes in my library but none are being used on this site design which to be fair is a fairly simple one.

I do not use custom HTML.

I am afraid I am not fortunate enough to have more than one iMac to test on another machine.

Before i have to look at a re-installation can you make any other suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for my delayed response. I was on vacation, and got to your post only now.

If your issue is still unresolved, I suggest that you get in touch with us for further investigation. Contact us | Adobe

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines