• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash following deleting

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i use an iMac 2012, with Lr CC. My OS and Lr Vers are up to date.

I flag items to reject, after deleting these items i return to the remaining files and Lr is unresponsive. If i click out of the Dev Mod to Lib i get a blank grey screen and error message. "An error occurred when attempting to change modules."
if i delete one image or 20 issue is the same.
Quitting and restarting Lr is only way at the moment,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

The work around to this bug is to STOP Deleting images while you are in the Develop module. Do all your flagging and Deleting in the Library module. Only use the Develop module for DEVELOPING images not Image Management tasks.

And this only happens on certain system. Works fine here on Windows 7 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks will try this in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have been on tech support 4 times this afternoon.  Have found the support I have received less than inspiring.  the last two times, I have basically been hung up on.  LR CC 2015.8 is a train wreck and Adobe can not give me a resolution even by taking over my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davethe PhotoGuy wrote:

I have the same problem and have been on tech support 4 times this afternoon. Have found the support I have received less than inspiring. the last two times, I have basically been hung up on. LR CC 2015.8 is a train wreck and Adobe can not give me a resolution even by taking over my mac.

This iss a user-to-user forum. We are not Adobe here. Your complaints serve no purpose here in this forum, we can't change anything, you might want to express your feelings directly to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha, you're the comment police.  Here is a comment that will serve a useful purpose:  The link you posted with potential solutions to the crash problem serves no useful purpose as it will not solve the problem.  Adobe technicians performed all of those procedures while I was on tech support to no avail.   Other photographers that I know personally are having the same problem so I am confident that it is an issue revolving around the software.  Additionally, there are many other bugs being reported with LR CC 2015.8.

As a solution to the crash problem, I would roll back to a previous version of LR until Adobe works out the bugs.  Tech support installed 2015.7 for me (it is not an option in the CC Desktop>LR>Previous Versions) as I specifically needed to be able to support a newer camera.

And trust me, Adobe is keenly aware of my feelings.

You have yourself a blessed day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around to this bug is to STOP Deleting images while you are in the Develop module. Do all your flagging and Deleting in the Library module. Only use the Develop module for DEVELOPING images not Image Management tasks.

And this only happens on certain system. Works fine here on Windows 7 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are probably right.  This wasn't an issue with previous version I used and sometimes old habits are hard to break.  There are other bugs that have caused freeze ups, crashes, etc.  that do not pertain to the crash while deleting from develop phenomenon but those topics don't fit this particular discussion.

And I believe you that it only affects certain systems but since I'm running an iMac, I really don't care if it is flawless on a Windows based PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines