• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects not showing video properly after OS X update

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro as a work provided computer and the company has it's own sofware management systems. It was requiring me to update to Sierra's latest update. I normally stay a generation behind on OS's at home, but I had no choice here. After restarting and updating, After Effects only shows video in any window as a conglomeration of Green and Yellow noise. This seems like a graphics card issue, but I'm not familiar with AMD cards.

Thanks,

Matt

AE CC-2017,

Mid 2015 MacBook Pro 15"

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16GB Ram

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version number of AE are you using?

When you say it shows any video as noise, do you mean video files like MOV and MP4 or do you mean any sort of animation including a composition with nothing but animated shape layers?

Have you tried turning off the hardware accelerate panels preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was showing both video and animation layers (shapes, text, generative plugins) as noise. It does seem however, that the issue may have just been isolated to one project file. Hasn't happened with new or other projects since. Still have no clue why that one file got corrupted in that why by an OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm..... this sounds as if you'll need to get your company's IT folks involved.  The phrase, "its own software management systems" does not bode well for something as finicky as AE CC 2017.

Cripes, just having the wrong kind of antivirus has been known to send AE south, to say nothing of proprietary software management applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty certain the issue isn't  the proprietary software of my company. All that does is force certain security measures like certain updates, having a password on the computer and changing it regularly, etc. Nothing with that software changed, it just "highly recommended" that I update to the latest OS. That update started the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TimeLord,

I'm not quite sure that you solved your issue yet. Have you? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new used Macbook (mid'13) and the graphics are very poor in AE.

I open the videohive template, and it looks amateurish.

On my old macbook, they looked good!

Something's wrong, but what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is it supposed to look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skærmbillede 2017-04-15 kl. 18.07.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines