• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the option-key drag exposure highlight feature?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CC from a super old CS6 version of Lightroom. Now when I hold down the option key and drag the exposure slider I no longer see the clipping highlight range. Did this get removed from the new version? All I can do now is click the highlight icon (top right of histogram) but this only shows red when highlights are totally blown out whereas before it would go white, blue red etc.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

The ability to use the clipping display via Option+dragging the Exposure slider should be available to you whether using CC or perpetual licence version

It may be that the preference file from the previous version of Lightroom is corrupt. So, it's worth checking whether resetting preferences helps.

Procedure to reset Lightroom preferences is: hold down Alt and Shift (Windows) / Opt and Shift (Mac) while opening Lightroom then choose Reset Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of Lightroom do you have now? Please go to Help->System Info and report the version NUMBER of Lightroom you are using.

What is the version NUMBER of your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The ability to use the clipping display via Option+dragging the Exposure slider should be available to you whether using CC or perpetual licence version

It may be that the preference file from the previous version of Lightroom is corrupt. So, it's worth checking whether resetting preferences helps.

Procedure to reset Lightroom preferences is: hold down Alt and Shift (Windows) / Opt and Shift (Mac) while opening Lightroom then choose Reset Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines