• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tricky InDesign & Acrobat combo question

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a three forms in InDesign and make the form fields interactive (I know how to do that). Once I export to PDFs, here's where it gets tricky...The form subtitle needs to be a drop-down menu with the three form names. Depending on which name is selected, the rest of the PDF page needs to load the correct form (they do not want to send people three different forms).

Is this possible? If so, how do I implement it?

I'm attaching a quick mock-up to try and show what I mean.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

You can create each form (or the differing parts thereof) on separate layers. When the drop down is chosen, you can hide and unhide layers. Just need to export to a PDF type that supports layers (so no pdf/x). I do the same for other purposes.

I also placed the instruction to make a choice in the main drop-down and disabled field entry unless a choice was made.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create each form (or the differing parts thereof) on separate layers. When the drop down is chosen, you can hide and unhide layers. Just need to export to a PDF type that supports layers (so no pdf/x). I do the same for other purposes.

I also placed the instruction to make a choice in the main drop-down and disabled field entry unless a choice was made.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Intuitively, I was placing the different form fields on layers...glad I was on the right track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines