• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to modify JPG size without constraint of aspect ratio?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Premiere Elements 15 from Cyberlink Powerdirector. Bumbling along, but one thing I need to be able to do and can't figure it out:

I have a jpg/bmp that I use as a watermark on some videos, but I need to adjust the size, location, and shape of where it overlays on the video depending on the video clip. I can see how to easily move the object, and I can grab a corner or side and resize it, but it will only resize proportionally. I.e. if I just want to make it wider but not taller it won't let me do that.

In Powerdirector there was an option when modifying an object like this said "maintain aspect ratio" and I could unclick the box and do what I need to do. This is a bit of a deal killer if I can't do this simply. I assume I just don't know how.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

You challenged me!   I think I have the answer. 

Assuming the JPEG/BMP is on a track above the video, it can be controlled separately.

• Put the JPEG/BMP on the timeline above the video and select it.
  • Put the CTI over it so you can see what is going on
  • Select the "fx/pencil" box, third down on the far right.
  • Select "Motion"
  • Uncheck the "Uniform Scale" box
  • Grab the corners of the clip in the monitor and make it whatever shape you want.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You challenged me!   I think I have the answer. 

Assuming the JPEG/BMP is on a track above the video, it can be controlled separately.

• Put the JPEG/BMP on the timeline above the video and select it.
  • Put the CTI over it so you can see what is going on
  • Select the "fx/pencil" box, third down on the far right.
  • Select "Motion"
  • Uncheck the "Uniform Scale" box
  • Grab the corners of the clip in the monitor and make it whatever shape you want.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I would not have looked there but that is exactly what I am looking for! Still puzzled by a number of things such as when I freeze frame (which is what appears to be the way to take a screen shot of the current frame) why it shows letterbars under and above frame and the object added in a different location than what shows on Premiere's screen (and the jpg taken shows what's on Premiere's screen!) but one bite of the elephant at a time!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jefflackey wrote:

Thanks! I would not have looked there but that is exactly what I am looking for!

Please mark this as "Correct".  I get points!

.... puzzled by .... when I freeze frame (which is what appears to be the way to take a screen shot of the current frame) why it shows letterbars under and above frame and the object added in a different location than what shows on Premiere's screen (and the jpg taken shows what's on Premiere's screen!) but one bite of the elephant at a time!

Thank you!

Please start a topic on "Puzzled by Freeze Frame".  I will try to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did mark it as correct! And I will do that - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines