Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ideal cooling case for i7 6800K and Noctua NH-D15S

Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for a suitable pc case for good cooling performance. I planed to got for the Fractal Design R5 but reviews say that appart form good hardware management and silence the cooling performance is pretty bad.

There are various other options such as the Corsair Obsidian450D, Silverstone Fortress FT05 high, BeQuiet...  and other brands that might perform better. I don't need a silent case primarely. Cooling performance is more important.

What do you guys recommand for 4K video editing and after effect projects? Help is much appreciated.

Best,

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

case reviews are often difficult to judge a case by, unless they use the same fans and amount of fans on every case to compare against each other. many mid and full tower cases only hold around 6-7 fans, while some like the fractal design R5 and S can hold 8-9 case fans. if you want more than that there are some full tower or box cases that can hold around 10-11 fans. if you don't need any 5.25" bays, there are some tower cases that have 3 intake fans in front. some cases also come with a fan hu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

case reviews are often difficult to judge a case by, unless they use the same fans and amount of fans on every case to compare against each other. many mid and full tower cases only hold around 6-7 fans, while some like the fractal design R5 and S can hold 8-9 case fans. if you want more than that there are some full tower or box cases that can hold around 10-11 fans. if you don't need any 5.25" bays, there are some tower cases that have 3 intake fans in front. some cases also come with a fan hub, to help control multiple fans from a single motherboard fan header. its also possible to use some Y-splitters for the fan headers on the motherboard, to have the motherboard control more fans.

also, if you get a single fan blower style gpu it will be a bit noisier but should also keep the internal case temp slightly lower as it will exhaust its hot air outside the case instead of inside the case, like 2 and 3 fan gpu's do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ronin.

That helped. I was also looking into some user reviews that work in the video editing field. How is their cooling set up? What cases and fans are used?

I really like your GPU fan advice. If i am not mistaking most cards such as my evga 970 do have dual fans and don't blow the heat out of the case. I think it is a good way to add additional cooling. But for GPU tuning the more fans the better.

I guess in my case midi tower shall be fine. Do big towers provide better cooling due to better airflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i think the amount of fan spots, fan sizes, and fan brand/model is going to determine air flow and a larger case could only help if it has more fan spots. i think the main benefit to larger full size atx or e-atx cases is that they can hold larger/more gear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines