• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How are 2017 render speeds inferior to 2014?!

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below has some user submitted results for a after effects test file. There's comparisons between 2014 and 2017 which show 2014 vastly out performing 2017,

Can we please bring back multiprocessing!

After Effects Performance Test File on Vimeo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

scotts23950819 wrote:

The link below has some user submitted results for a after effects test file. There's comparisons between 2014 and 2017 which show 2014 vastly out performing 2017,

In contrast, I can show some tests demonstrating CC 2017 is faster than CC 2014. It all depends on what you've got in your project!

I, for one, do not want multiprocessing brought back. It was a janky, hacky workaround. I want a real solution!

The wrong expression or effect wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

scotts23950819 wrote:

In contrast, I can show some tests demonstrating CC 2017 is faster than CC 2014. It all depends on what you've got in your project!

I, for one, do not want multiprocessing brought back. It was a janky, hacky workaround. I want a real solution!

The wrong expression or effect would disable multiprocessing. It had bugs that could freeze a machine. Some renders would be weird (flickering shading in Particular, for example).

It worked really well on some projects, but miserably failed on others.

Luckily for all of us, the AE team has promised that they are working on creating a much more modern rendering solution. In the meantime, we have faster interaction with AE's new architecture and GPU-acceleration of several native effects (and more promised).

In the meantime, please file a feature request letting the AE team know that faster rendering that uses all of your processing power is your top priority as a user. Well, stability too, but fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines