• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything's going great and... oh, the eyes messed up again.

Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I posted a similar topic earlier, and the problem was solved, for a bit.

Everything was working fine, and then stopped. It might be the eyelashes that's causing the problem, but I really don't know. The pupils aren't staying inside the pupil range objects. They were before, but they're not now. I'm sure I've done something stupid, but I don't know what. Did I mess up the structure again?

(You'll need to turn the guide layer off when opening for the first time.) Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Left & Right Eye socket labels are getting tagged as Left Eye and Right Eye. Rename or untag those and it should help. Does that solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are. I changed the names to "right socket" and "left socket". They are no longer being incorrectly tagged, yet they still have the same error. I'll post an updated file in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. That's the latest one. As you can see, I just got in all the different jaw positions. I'm about to do the lips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug - we've filed it. The same thing seems to happen with the default blue puppet from the Welcome panel if you choose Illustrator. But if "Render to Vector" is checked (puppet properties on the right) it works. Weird.

For now, your best bet is to either check render to vector, or decrease the strength parameter under the eye gaze behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, someone else on the team figured another way - apply the "left pupil range" and accompanying right tags to the eye groups themselves and it seems to work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. I'm not even sure how and if I will animate the eyes, but that's a good work-around to have in my tool belt. I'll leave that task for last, hoping that a future update will solve that problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines