• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter 11 keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with Adobe Presenter 11 for sometime now.  What happens is this.  I edit my PowerPoint, go to presenter, edit my setting, and then I go to publish and it gets about 1/2 through and boom it crashes. The only error message I get is from PowerPoint. It keeps wanting me to remove Adobe Presenter 11 from my add-ins.  I am running a Win 7 machine 64 bit.  I am also using Adobe Presenter 11.  All of the content is saved locally on my hard drive.  I have rebooted, checked for software updates, cleared out my cache.  I don't know what else to do.  Frankly, I have been disappointed with Presenter since i purchased it.  It has always been buggy for me.  Most recently it has become inoperable. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can suggest.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Chances are that there is an object on a slide that is causing it to crash. Usually an image, but could be something else on the slide. The quickest way to find the offending slide is to start splitting your presentation in half and then publishing it. If it works, then there is no issue if it doesn't then it contains the offending slide. Keep halving the presentation until you find the slide with the issue. Then you can re-create that slide, insert it back into the original presentation and all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could really use help with this. I have tried everything i know to do.  I have tried renaming the project.  I have tried creating a new presentation and importing the presentation.  I have tried to publish the presentation as a PDF.  I have tried storing the presentation in different locations on my computer's hard drive.  This is an important presentation and i need to get it working.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chances are that there is an object on a slide that is causing it to crash. Usually an image, but could be something else on the slide. The quickest way to find the offending slide is to start splitting your presentation in half and then publishing it. If it works, then there is no issue if it doesn't then it contains the offending slide. Keep halving the presentation until you find the slide with the issue. Then you can re-create that slide, insert it back into the original presentation and all should be well.

There may be multiple slides that have issues, so be ready for that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I appreciate your recommendation.  Yours was the only solid piece of good advice.  Adobe Support tried to tell me it was a network restriction issue.  Hard to be that when I was publishing on my hard drive.  Regardless, I did as you suggested and found the culprit slide.  I deleted it.  Then recreated it and added the audio.  It work. I suspect it had something to do with an insertion of a marker into the audio timeline.  I deleted that.  Thank you again for your recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you were able to find and replace the offending slide. While not an elegant solution, it does tend to work pretty well. Thank you for sharing that you could resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources