• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert only specified table rows to text InDesign CS6

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been asked to separate a number of joined tables in an InDesign file in order to work toward 508 accessibility.

The layout person created 5-column table with several "spanned rows" containing title information. I have been tasked with creating separate tables, converting each of these spanned rows to a text paragraph caption or table title.

When I select the table row and try to convert it to text, InDesign CS6 converts the entire series to text.

Any way to accomplish my goal other than creating six or seven brand new tables?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None I know of but you might want to pop over to the scripting forum and see if someone there can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many of these do you have? For lots, scripting makes sense.

If you don't have very many, I'd just cut and paste. Or drag and drop the content from a table row to the space above the table, and delete the now-empty row. (If you want to drag and drop, you will have to enable it in Layout View, which is off as a default. )

InDesign CCss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Screenshots! Thanks! 

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines