• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents question

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so I have created a text box for my TOC that contains custom paragraph styles. Can I link my pages to this text box to create my TOC page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not 100% positive I understand your question.

In your document, you should use paragraph styles (such as Head 1, Head 2 or whatever). Then generate a TOC from those styles and apply a TOC style that you also create. For example, if you have used Head 1 in your document, you might create a TOC style called TOC Head 1.

You can put that TOC into the text frame that you created (or create a new one).

Does that answer your question? If not, please clarify, and I'll try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you generate a TOC, you will have a loaded cursor that you can flow on to a page, creating a new text frame, or replace an existing TOC. The styles within an existing frame will have no connection to how the styles of the toc are applied. This style needs to be created beforehand. And then assigned in the TOC panel > Entry Style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines