Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updated to macOS Sierra 10.12.2, Lightroom 6.x freezes upon start

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

today (Dec 21st 2016) I updated my iMac to macOS Sierra v.10.12.2. After that Lightroom 6 (latest version) freezes upon start. Sometimes it does start up, but presents itself with the spinning rainbow wheel, causing the whole computer to slow down, writing this line takes ages as each letter comes with an estimated 2 sec delay.

I have checked forums and blogs but cannot find anything related to my encountered problem.

Has anyone a fix? Downgrading macOS Sierra? I'd rather have something more elegant and less time consuming.

Thank you!

Sasa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Thank you 99jon,

it sees seems to have done the trick. For some reason in my Preferences list there was only one line: the com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist.

Cheers!

Sasa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating MacOS it is sometimes necessary to trash the prefs. Start by quitting Lightroom. Launch Finder and on the menu bar click “Go” whilst holding down the Optn(Alt) key and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder and trash the two plist files relating to LR6 (see image below)

Then re-launch Lightroom.

N.B. Apple hides the user Library until the Alt key is depressed.

plist.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 99jon,

it sees seems to have done the trick. For some reason in my Preferences list there was only one line: the com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist.

Cheers!

Sasa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines